Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - may not be as advertised, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Sony NH-AA-B4EN Cycle Energy High Capacity AA Size 4-pc Blister Pack (2500mAh) (Electronics)
This is an important review, so please ready everything.

Last month, Amazon offered these batteries from a vendor using their fulfillment shipping center. When I made my purchase, the batteries arrived in different packaging that was green and silver (suspicious!), and did not hold a charge for longer than a week.

After working directly with Sony (today) for a warranty replacement, they are sending me the true orange and silver versions, where the charge lasts over a month when comparing my previous batch.

These batteries are excellent if you receive the authentic Sony product, and will last about 5 years with consistent use. Highly recommended, yet be forewarned not to accept a version other than the orange and silver labeling as the picture indicates.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2011 8:02:39 AM PST
Rohit says:
Hi,
I recently ordered these battery and I received this yesterday and same as described above its not the silver & orange one its green & blue color... I called amazon and the CC executive said that she'll send me a replacement once they receive it back... is this what I should do to get the original batteries or I should call Sony....

Thanks in Advance
Rohit
rohit2900 at gmail dot com

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 9:42:31 AM PST
IMApisces says:
If I were you, I would coordinate through Sony to ensure you receive the correct batteries. I would also inform Amazon and/or the seller of this continued discrepancy.

To save you time, the direct line for Sony batteries is (956) 795-4552. This number will save you a ton of time - nobody at Sony seems to know where to point people for standard battery assistance (ie: AA).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2011 12:58:09 PM PST
Rohit says:
I tried calling this number but its ending up in an IVR and I'm unable to contact the sony support.

I've also called amazon for the same and they sent the replacement and they are still the same.... I'm not sure what should I do.. I really need these batteries....

Rohit

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2011 10:13:46 PM PST
IMApisces says:
I don't know what an IVR is, nor am I technical support for Sony or Amazon. But clearly you have two choices: get a refund from Amazon then buy the batteries in a walk-in store, or be patient for Sony to call you back for a warranty exchange. Take care.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›