1.0 out of 5 stars Initial Download 12/5 - Book was mostly blank in the Kindle Version, December 8, 2012
This review is from: The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book to my Kindle for iPad app, and the majority of the pages between pages xvi and 199 were blank, no images no text. Amazon refunded my money and said that they would pull the book to make sure it was corrected before relisting. However it appears that they never removed the book so beware and be forewarned.

Mike Rohde does great work, just something was definitely wrong with the Kindle version / copy I downloaded this past week. I'm ready to purchase the Kindle copy again once I know the problem that I had is fixed.

I will gladly revise my review when the kindle version is corrected, but again I don't want someone else running into the same issue I had.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2012 9:22:10 AM PST
Anthony, thanks for the feedback on this. I've purchased the Kindle edition and have verified the issue - Peachpit are working on an updated version with those pages properly appearing in the ebook.

I appreciate your offer to revise the review once you actually see the book - hopefully that will happen soon. :-)

Mike

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 3:45:48 PM PST
Great Michael, I am looking forward to reordering the Kindle edition.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 8:36:20 PM PST
Tom Nagle says:
Do the author a favor and delete your review. Here's why: it's not a review of the book, and it's damaging to the author.

You received a (prompt) refund to an issue that was with Amazon - not Mike Rohde. Feel free to give as many stars as you'd like after you've read the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 3:39:11 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 11, 2012 3:41:34 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:48:39 AM PST
Mike, as of 12/13 Amazon has not pulled the defective Kindle book. Alas, I made the mistake of buying it and realized the problem. Will you post here when a new version (Kindle) of the book is available?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:28:06 AM PST
Eduardo, I have heard the fix is being pushed out and Amazon will be alerting customers to the update soon. Once I can verify that the Kindle version is indeed fixed here on my iPad ill will note it here for you and Andrew and announce it on my blog and on Twitter/Facebook.

Thanks for your note, sorry for be inconvenience.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:06:19 PM PST
Anthony, I agree with Tom Nagle's comment. Your review is about a technical glitch and Amazon, not about Mike Rohde's book (which is what is what people are looking for). I think it's a reasonable request to remove your review. Hope the tech glitch is remedied.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:29:42 PM PST
Newt Barrett says:
Mike,
I have almost all blank pages, too. Your publisher must have really screwed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:38:05 PM PST
Thanks for the feedback Newt and my apologies for the messed up Kindle book.

I don't know the technical details, but I do know a fix is being worked on by Peachpit and Amazon. I'm hoping it will be ready very soon - I will alert you guys here and announce it elsewhere too.

Thanks for your patience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:18:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:18:28 PM PST
As of Dec 19 the Kindle version is still defective when displayed on an iPad- it does work on the Windows PC Kindle App.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›