4.0 out of 5 stars Broken after only a month?!, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Blendtec Twister Jar (Kitchen)
I wanted to write a glowing review of the Twister Jar, but sadly after just a month, the rubber gasket at the base of the blade disintegrated. The blade is now loose and the jar won't hold liquid. Before I discovered there was something wrong, the damaged blade stopped connecting properly with the metal piece on the blender that drives the blade. When I removed the jar, there were metal shavings everywhere, indicating that the broken jar had also damaged the blender.

I contacted Blendtec customer service and will update this review when I have more to share. In the mean time, use this product cautiously!

06/17/2103 UPDATE: Blendtec sent me a new jar, no questions asked, and paid for the return shipping for the damaged jar. They also helped me evaluate the blender for damage. (It was unharmed!) Two thumbs up for the customer service at Blendtec. I am using this jar cautiously and not letting nut butters and other things get too hot inside. So far so good.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2013 12:01:38 PM PST
Lauren says:
Have you heard back from Blendtec yet? I would think they would replace it since you only had it a month. Please update and let us know how the customer service was. Thank you! :)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:40:17 AM PST
I am also seeing metal shavings beneath the jar (on top of the blender motor) of my brand new Blendtec after only 14 smoothie cycles. No leaks yet but it's certainly worrisome.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:56:37 AM PST
YoYo says:
Any update?

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:12:33 AM PST
Did this really happen to you? Blendtec would have right away sent you a replacement and fixed your blender, they have good customer care, but since you never responded to an update, I guess your busy blending away then. Because a complainer would always return to their reviews, they say it takes longer for good news to spread than bad reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 12:23:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2013 12:24:56 PM PST
Sorry, been too busy to follow up. I run my own business and have little time to spare for this kind of thing. The blender is still working (a few more metal shavings are being produced each cycle) but I've not yet had time to contact Blendtec. I'm hoping that the problem goes away with some break-in time since I've not yet reached 20 smoothie cycles. I believe Blendtec probably does have good customer service and I may have to take advantage of it. I'm just surprised to have such an issue with this highly rated product. And no, I'm not a "complainer", just busy...but thanks for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2013 12:03:04 PM PDT
Once says:
Your original review says you had contacted customer service but then your update, two months later, says you have not yet had time to contact Blendtec. So which one is the truth?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2013 12:23:33 PM PDT
Sorry "Once"...I think you're mixing comments. I've never contacted customer service about the issues I was having. The metal shavings have abated for now (passed the 100 smoothie mark) and the blender continues to work OK. I'll post something if the blender fails....and that is the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2013 2:55:09 PM PDT
Mark,

You are apparently confused. No one is stating that you contacted customer service; they are all commenting on the original reviewer, NWOutdoorGrrl, who stated that SHE contacted customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2013 4:30:47 PM PDT
Jman says:
Yeah, but 'she' hasn't replied back. 'Once' was apparently confused and thought Mark was the OP since he referenced an update (that hasn't come from the OP).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2013 10:45:02 AM PDT
I added an update to my post. Blendtec CS was awesome and I'm happily using the Twister Jar, albeit a bit more cautiously...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (115 customer reviews)

$169.95 $96.00