13 of 15 people found the following review helpful
Read this book... It will make your life happier,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Taking Flight!: Master the Four Behavioral Styles and Transform Your Career, Your Relationships...Your Life (Paperback)
This amazing book brings you an incredible insight into why people act the way they do. Using a four quadrant system called DISC, it explains how we can have a more productive, harmonious relationship by identifying the nature of our peers and interacting with them in ways that are in line with that nature.
The book is broken up into two major parts:
* a fable that paints the DISC concept onto a community of birds facing a threatening event that they must work together to deal with.
* a grounded description of how you can apply these concepts to your life directly and immediately.
The 4 styles are:
* Dominant (D): Facing challenges head on and Directly with little patience for details or planning.
* Interactive (I): Social, Fun-Loving and Optomistic.
* Supoortive (S): Patient, Calm, Empathetic and Harmony. They just want everyone to get along.
* Conscientious (C): Calculating, Detail Oriented, Planners. They deal with facts and logic.
The initial message is that by identifying the styles in our peers, we can bring more harmony and productivity into our relationships.
The ending message is that by being different styles at different times (like a chameleon), we are able to meet any challenges with any team or partner... and this leads to a much richer, and happy life.
This book is absolutely worth reading and re-reading. Trust me.