4.0 out of 5 stars Give it time and listen!, August 17, 2010
This review is from: The Final Frontier (Audio CD)
Maiden worked on this CD for basically four years, so any reviewer who listens to it a couple of times before they beat it down isn't doing it or themselves any justice. It took me many listens to really get into AMOLAD and now I consider it one of their better albums (not one weak song in the bunch).
Now I know everybody always says that they've been Maiden fans since day one and that makes them some kind of expert on the band. Not quite for me, but how about since I first heard Killers back in 81. They lost me for a little while with No Prayer and the Blaze CD's but since then their music and penmanship have been fantastic. Is Maiden the same band as they were back then...of course not, who is? They have changed and matured musically. This is not your typical metal, you know...verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, fade out. The lyrics on this CD are fantastic and deserve a good reading, especially if you do some research on the subject matter.
Just give this CD a fair shot and you will enjoy it, definitely worth the purchase.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2010 5:29:41 PM PDT
I don't know if they "worked on" it for 4 years - my understanding is they pretty much don't write until they're ready to go in the studio. But, I agree that Iron Maiden albums can sometimes take a few listens so people shouldn't shoot it down after the first listen! I seem to recall Seventh Son growing on me over time.

Posted on Aug 18, 2010 5:48:00 AM PDT
SLAYER says:
I think I need to go and listen to it several more times.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2010 1:01:36 PM PDT
Ivan Vasquez says:
Very good album from the legendary heavy metal band. Is a good work. Hard to understand and followed in the beginning, but the loyal fans they'll love it.

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 6:49:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 21, 2010 6:50:04 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 7:50:10 PM PDT
rocky49152 says:
There is a definite difference right off the bat between this album and the train-wreck that was "A Matter of Life and Death". I don't know how it will hold up to their pre 7th son work. Those were some good, classic albums. However, I'm digging it so far after a couple listens. The band sounds like they've been reinvigorated and Steve Harris isn't resting on the strumming 5ths and 3 chords with a rhythm change writing style that he was on the last one.

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 6:40:47 AM PDT
They desperately need a professional producer!

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 2:51:44 PM PDT
M. Stein says:
I think your right... The first listen for me, the sound was kinda weird. I didn't like it. But there was something about it still. So after a few more listens.. (especially with headphones on, where you hear every little detail) It started to grow on me. There's a lot going on in this album musically and it's actually brilliant!!

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 7:32:15 PM PST
Ya know what I'll give this a chance once I finish picking up their back catalog. I used to have every maiden through Seventh Son when it came out. Didn't like the stuff from the early 90's. Totally checked out when they hired Blaze Bayley, and am just now playing catch up. Your review convinced me. Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (346 customer reviews)

Reviewer