Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Little tubs of fun, January 11, 2008
This review is from: Play-Doh: Case of Colors (Toy)
When I visited my granddaughters in Australia last year for their birthdays, I made room in my suitcase for this Play-Doh Case of Colors. I intended it for party favors, but one rainy afternoon when Mom was working and my son was busy in the kitchen I decided to get it out for the girls.

At four and six years old, they're Play-Doh veterans and have a crate of little accessories to help with the fun. They were soon deep in the creative process, chatting all the while.

Drawing and modeling are windows into a child's imagination. I was delighted with their spotted dogs, bright birds, little families in wearable-art clothing, and many items that truly defied categorizing. Their stories and conversation were even more charming. The little two-ounce tubs encouraged sharing and planning. What a happy memory for me!

At the end of the afternoon the Play-Doh was sorted by color and packed back into the tubs, to be used again but never in its pristine state. There's something about brand-new Play-Doh, isn't there?

It may have seemed silly to haul Play-Doh halfway around the world to a household that's the world capital of children's art supplies, but I'm glad I did -- and my granddaughters were glad too. I'm a true fan of the Play-Doh Case of Colors.

Linda Bulger, 2008

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2008 10:57:08 AM PST
I love your title, Linda! It brought my artistic side to life; I have vivid fantasies of jumping in my bathtub and lining it with Play-Doh flowers ... fully clothed, of course. Perhaps I could get Mikki to take photos, then write a blog and post it all over the Net! :)

Seriously, this is a fun, entertaining review, and I bet the grandkids had a blast playing with Nana.

Keep your pen hot!

Posted on Jan 16, 2008 2:19:22 PM PST
Linda Bulger says:
Now there's a use for Play-Doh that I never thought of before -- but you can bet that I'm thinking of it now! Contest, maybe? instead of a garden contest, we could have a bathtub decorating contest.

Thanks for the kind words!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 3:34:25 AM PST
sounds like a lot of fun, great review
Hugs,kisses

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 2:03:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2010 2:06:20 PM PDT
Linda ~

One of my very oldest of memories was of a little kid on my block eating Play-Doh (and I was no copycat about this type of activity!) But all the kids on my block would bring all of their Play-Doh to a central play area and it we would combine all of that goop together to create horrible monsters with this weird substance.
Such are memories!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 4:35:28 PM PDT
Linda Bulger says:
Eating Play-Doh? Well if only it tasted as good as it smelled! Glad you gave it a miss.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›