5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece..., July 2, 2007
This review is from: Pretty Hate Machine (Audio CD)
This one still pleases after what, 10 or so years? "Pretty Hate Machine" was my intro to NIN. Previously I would never have chosen to listen to it, but my then-boyfriend (now husband) was a huge fan.

I'll never forget the first time he played it -- we were in his room at his townhome, hanging out with a bunch of friends. It was on a six-CD changer, and when it started I was just mesmerized. To say that this kind of music had NEVER been in my repertoire before would be a serious understatement! However, as foreign as that industrial tech sound was to my ears, I was hooked.

Fast forward 10 years -- boyfriend is now my husband -- and now we have 3 kids; still, we bring out this CD a LOT (well, when the kids are in bed, LOL). It is just as good now as it was back then. Never tire of it.

There are many NIN songs that I love, but what stands out about "Pretty Hate Machine" is the fact that every song on there hits the ball out of the park. That is sooooo rare for any album -- there are always those "quick, skip to the next track" songs on most albums.

Love Trent, Love NIN. Love "Pretty Hate Machine". Coming from a person who usually thinks industrial-tech music is irritating as hell, this is a big compliment!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2007 8:46:52 PM PDT
CDaniels says:
nearly 20 years honey! it was 1989 when this came out. We're all getting old.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2007 11:05:10 AM PDT
OH NO -- please don't say 20 years! ACK!! Yeah, we had some young friends refer to NIN as "oldies" one time -- and that was in 2001, I think, LOL. My husband and I were just stunned -- we knew we were getting old then!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (422 customer reviews)

Reviewer