Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, March 5, 2012
This review is from: SHARKK iPad 2 Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard Case For Apple Ipad2 + Screen Protector (Personal Computers)
I was glad to receive a keyboard for my ipad, and hoped it would increase it's functionality. So I will try to go over everything I've observed since I've had it in my possession.
The packaging is pretty generic, which I think means all of these keyboards that look like this model are exactly the same. There is no where on the packaging that says sharkk (except the keyboard itself). The english on the packaging is also really, really bad. Almost not deciherable. If you need instruction connecting the bluetooth (admittedly, you shouldn't, as it is an easy task), I'm going to say look elsewhere for direction.

The exterior is aluminum, and I know aluminum is soft, but the case stratches easily. Granted, I've babied my ipad but I've had it almost a year, and has very minumum stratching. The keyboard casing after only a few days has a number of bad stratches. Not complaining though, as it was cheap. A sidenote, it also arrived with some very minor imperfections, which is less acceptable than me giving it the stratches.

The keyboard is good. It is small (obviously), and some buttons seem to need a harder press than others. I suspect that will get better with time. They are not loud at all, they have a nice soft touch to them. The adjustment time to this keyboard I'd suspect would be short for most. There are also some nice multimedia buttons at the top, seemingly designed specifically for an ipad. They all work well (and I really love the brightener/dimmer buttons), BUT the www button does absolutely nothing. Disappointing.

Probably the biggest flaw for me are the 4 arrow buttons. I've tried and tried and are unable to get them to do anything.. They seem to only be there because that's how a keyboard looks. Fn button also does nothing (there are only 4 buttons it should work on, all of which are the arrow keys).

It connects to the ipad effortlessly and I've not had to reconnect it yet, even after I turn it off and back on.

It sungly fits the ipad, almost too snugly, and can be difficult to get off. But there is real protection there for the face of your ipad. You shouldnt have to worry about the keyboard spontaneously falling off. It also has nice rubber feet to keep the ipad elevated when closed.

It utilizes the magnets! I love this feature. No more sliding for me.

Overall, I think it's an ok keyboard. It is certainly not worth 40 or more dollars, but it does make typing a lot easier, and since I use my ipad more than my computer, I find it a handy addition. I've had it for less than a week, so if it breaks down on me, or the arrow keys suddenly begin working, I will come back to update.

[Add comment]