4.0 out of 5 stars Kept my feet warm and dry in -12 F., January 3, 2014
This review is from: Mountain Warehouse Frost Womens Snow Boot (Apparel)
I've been looking for boots for more than a month. When winter hit here (Michigan) hard, I confess to not being ready. I should've bought boots when they started putting them out for sale in August. Alas, by the time I tried to find a good pair of winter boots, most were out of stock entirely, the rest either $150+ or not available in my size. I was really picky...my demands were:

waterproof...warm, dry feet in rain, slush, or snow
thick lining (preferably some kind of faux fur or something)
none of that suede stuff...it just sucks up the water even if you spray them with waterproof stuff
no heels, or at least heel height kept to a minimum (I want to clean the car, not prance next to the snow like a fairy)
price under $50 a pair, including any taxes, shipping, and what have you
easy method of getting on and off (I find zippers tend to clog up with dried salt) and had to fit over my calves (I may be a size xs or small, but I have thick legs)

So that being said, I couldn't find anything less than $100. There was always one little sacrifice. I was wary of buying online because a lot of listings don't tell you whether the boot is waterproof, what the lining is made out of, or whether the lining actually lines the entire boot (as opposed to just a cute little ruffle around the top), how thick that lining is, etc. I found the perfect pair, actually, but it was sold old the day I found it. Ended up spending a month looking for boots and I am relieved I found these online with a decent enough description to make my buy. The day they arrived my car got stuck in the snow at my office's parking lot because they didn't bother to plow it; I had the pleasure of digging myself out three times.

The good:
-They keep my feet warm and dry.
-The lining is "sherpa" but according to spouse from that region of the world it is just some faux sherpa lining, but whatever, it's warm and it lines all the through the boot. I thought it didn't seem thick, but it was -12 F this morning and my feet were quite fine.
-I can stuff the bottom of my pants in them and wear substantial socks.
-Easy Velcro opening on the sides.
-No heels!

The not-so-ideal:
-I wish it wasn't white (not a fan of the purple choice, either)...white will show every speck of dirt and nastiness in the winter, black would have been nice. More color choices in general would have been nice.
-I'm not sure how the sizing works. This seems to be a UK company and I ordered a size 9 (US), which I am. They came with a size 7 tag, I assume that being the UK sizing. But I don't think it's an exact equivalent, since my toes seem to be just slightly squished. I wish there was a half size. I wouldn't order up a size, though, they'd be too big and clunky.
-Lining sheds fuzz on my pants, but I'm hoping that will stop with time.
-Style is just meh. they don't look like anything special, but that was a super low priority for me anyway.
-Came with a big yellow stain on one toe, but they'll get dirty anyway so oh well.

In other words, they meet my needs, I am a satisfied customer.

[Add comment]