4.0 out of 5 stars Yes..$8 at Walmart and keep away from vents!, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Hamster Mr. Squiggles - Light Brown (Toy)
Got this today for $8 at Walmart. Super fun and cute for my 2 1/2 year old twins BUT within 20 minutes they removed the heating vent cover and dropped it in my duct work where it is now running around..so keep away from the vents HA! And don't spend this much $$ on them...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2009 2:53:32 PM PDT
M. Wood says:
I am literally laughing out loud!! I have a picture in my head of a lil hamster zooming around duct work... I just cleaned my 5 year old's REAL hamster cage, so this was very needed! Thanks for the laugh.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 2:14:59 PM PDT
You do know these are for ages 3 and up right? O_O"

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 9:42:36 AM PDT
Indy says:
Your post cracked me up because I can easily see this exact scenerio happening in our home! Our youngest sons are proteges of Fred & George Weasley, age 8. I thought Zhu-Zhus would be a perfect solution to their "We want hamsters for Christmas" wish, but now I'm not so sure (their older brothers had real hamsters until the two critters got out, disappeared into our walls and died -- ugh!) On the positive side, there wouldn't be an "oder" after the batteries died, would there? <G>

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 3:03:47 PM PST
T. Bryant says:
I'm sorry that happened to you, but the visual you created of these mechanical hamsters racing around in the ductwork made me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle.

Posted on Nov 10, 2009 7:31:02 PM PST
C. Walton says:
I hope that when you turn the heat on, it doesn't cause the batteries to explode and cause a fire inside the ductwork!!! Better find a way to get it out of there!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2009 5:33:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2009 5:34:21 AM PST
P. Miranda says:
Good one, I assume your we're kidding. Residential heating units are not capable of producing the temperature necessary to vaporize the water in the electrolytic mixture in the battery to increase the pressure and cause the battery to explode, so you shouldn't worry. You would probably need several hundred degrees Fahrenheit of ambient temperature, since your not directly introducing energy through the terminals.

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 8:21:29 AM PST
I love it! Thanks for making me laugh and taking some of the stress of Chrsitmas shopping online off my shoulders!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2009 8:18:46 AM PST
CJ says:
Do those ages really matter? My sister is 10 with art sets that say 12+, and it doesn't seem like anything in there needs another 2 years experience.. Do little mechanical hamsters really need another 6 months?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2009 12:47:04 PM PST
lostsounds says:
reports of toxic ingredients in this toy in the London Financial Times today.

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 1:48:29 PM PST
A. Frank says:
Ah - the robotic species escape, too!! Thanks for the laugh!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›