20 of 27 people found the following review helpful
Very good bag - Looks awesome - one small design flaw,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Show Business (Accessory)
This is my first leather laptop bag, I have only used canvas-type backpacks in the past. I wanted something more professional that I could have during customer visits, and visits with senior management. I initially received the Kenneth Cole messenger bag as a present from my wife, but it did not fit my 15" laptop, so I replaced it with the 'Show Business' model. I have used this on about 10 business trips over the last 4 months, and take it to and from work on a daily basis. It has held up very well thus far.
- Very nice construction, shows no signs of detrimental wear after several months of use
- Zippers and clasps are heavy-duty, do not expect them to break down
- Leather quality is very good, wearing nicely, looks very professional
- Fits my laptop, iPad, all cables and chargers, some pens/business cards, and a few file folders
- Has a separate zippered pocket for important documents or files.
- Unless the clasps are closed fully, they click very loudly when walking (minor annoyance)
- The bag is difficult to open when on my shoulder due to the curvature of the zippered section. I'm concerned that over several years the curvature of the pocket will cause the fabric near the zipper to fail. This has NOT happened yet, but seems like it could over time.
- There is considerably less space in this bag than my last backpack-type bag. When transitioning, I had to leave a lot of non-essential items out (however, that bag also tipped the scales at 25+ lbs in airports, so it certainly had more than it needed).
Overall, I was considering a 4, but my cons are pretty minor, or are expected, not actual. I have been very happy with the bag, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent, relatively inexpensive leather laptop bag. It is formal enough for meetings, but casual enough for every day use.