1.0 out of 5 stars leaky, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Brita Sport Water Filter Bottle, 20-Ounce, Blue (Kitchen)
I thought this bottle would be a good idea but all it does is leak whenever you try to drink from it. I end up with water all over my shirt every time. look somewhere else for a filtered water bottle.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2011 11:15:06 AM PDT
Hi Kat. It's Amanda from Brita here, so sorry to hear about your experience with our bottle! I think a few simple steps should fix your leaking problem: try retightening the cap securely while making sure to NOT squeeze the bottle (hint: it can be helpful to try holding at the bottom or securing while placing on a flat surface). If this does not work, please phone us directly at 1-800-24-BRITA or contact us at http://www.brita.com/contact-form-english/ for further assistance. We want you to have a great experience with our bottle and appreciate your feedback!

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 6:50:30 PM PDT
rainy day says:
why would you (Brita, I mean) make a bottle that's squeezable if you're not supposed to squeeze it? just wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 2:04:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2011 2:07:29 PM PDT
I agree, this is my only complaint about the bottle, it is necessary to make it squeezable in order to get the carbon out of each brand new filter, but after that, the only effective way to drink from it is by sucking from it. Brita, please address the leak problem in your new bottles, I would certainly buy new ones and give them as gifts if they didn't leak. Keep up the great work!

This is an amazing bottle nonetheless and it has allowed me to save on money I'd otherwise spend on bottled water, and the taste is significantly better than unfiltered water. I recommend it even with the leak problem but I'd recommend it even more if it didn't leak ;)

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 3:59:19 PM PDT
Mine leaks also when I squeeze it--no matter HOW firmly I have tried to tighten the cap.

Though I would rather drink by squeezing it, I have become accustomed to sucking out the water. It's not particularly appealing, but It doesn't leak, and does a pretty good job removing bad taste.

It is an especially bad idea to share this water bottle--over one you can squeeze and stay dry.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 7:06:44 AM PDT
Mokona says:
I think Amanda from Brita was meaning to be careful not squeeze the bottle WHILE you retighten the cap.

I have had no problems with leaking when I squeeze the bottle and drink from it. The problem is that there are two places for the cap to close - the large clear screw on lid and the smaller white cap where the pop up drink spigot is. If that white cap is not tight, water will leak out there when you squeeze.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 8:27:18 PM PDT
kwiggum says:
Just remove the finger loop, it worked for me! Doesn't leak anymore. I squeeze mine all the time..

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 4:43:47 AM PST
handyman says:
If all else fails try going to your local hardware store, buy some teflon thread tape (cost around 75 cents), wrap it around the threads of the bottle, and tighten. The teflon tape will not contaminate the water and should seal the bottle.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:20:18 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 4:21:09 PM PDT
Ryan says:
'shouldn't have to if we are paying for a $10 water bottle!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 4:27:16 PM PDT
Ryan says:
This doesn't work for me! Maybe you got lucky with yours.

‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (772 customer reviews)

$22.58 $8.39