5.0 out of 5 stars Some Flaws, But Overall A Great Comfortable Grip., March 8, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip (Video Game)
This grip is light, comfortable and well made; the PS Vita locks in place and stays in securely without any wiggle room. The grip's frame is rubberized, making it easy to hold without risk of dropping it due to sweaty hands, which brings my next point, this grip is very easy on the hands, I used to get pains in my left hand, but this grip took that away; it feels like a slightly larger PS3 controller.
At the bottom you have a sliding, locking mechanism that keeps the Vita locked securely. On the back you have full access to the rear touch panel and I didn't experience any problems when playing games that use that feature. You have access to all the buttons, bumpers, headset jack and the cameras as well. Also, the grip doesn't put any pressure on the Vita at all, so there's no chance of it scratching it; it grabs the vita by the edges and I haven't seen any marks left on it.

The grip does have some flaws, first, there's no access to the charging port or the game slot, you have to get the Vita out of the grip to change games and charge; also, the Volume and power buttons are kinda hard to press/access , not incredibly hard, but it takes some getting used to.

Even with its flaws, this is probably the best grip on the market and it deserves the 5 star rank. If you want a huge improvement in comfort during your gaming sessions, do not hesitate to buy this grip, it is great.

I took some pictures of it, so you can have an idea of what it looks like, you can view 'em above. Hope this helps.

UPDATE 08/08/2012:
The grip is still doing its job without a single issue. It's been 6 months now and have used it everyday. Still works and looks new. Great purchase. You won't regret it.

UPDATE 09/04/2012
If you're deciding between this grip and the nyko, check my review of the Nyko grip. Nyko Power Grip for Vita. Trust me, you want to stick to the CTA.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 7:11:27 PM PST
Maggard says:
How does this compare to the HORI PS Vita Grip Attachment overing???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:13:04 AM PST
T. Hunter says:
I'd love to know this as well. I own the Hori grip... and I like it mostly, but the sliding grips sometimes push in and don't stay locked while I'm playing. Not as comfortable reaching the bumper buttons or the back as I'd hoped either. I wonder if this CTA grip is better?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:44:55 AM PST
To be honest with you, I have not had a single issue with the CTA grip; my vita stays put even through my craziest combos on both MK and MvC. Two things I can see on the Hori...one, you can charge while playing..BIG plus, but at the same time, I don't like the extender grips with those sharp cut-outs. Just my two cents. It's been almost a year since I got my CTA grip and so far it has done an excellent job.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (272 customer reviews)

$12.99 $11.91