ARRAY(0x97bee1bc)

1.0 out of 5 stars product failed., July 26, 2009
This review is from: Transcend 16 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC6E (Personal Computers)
Well, it was great while it lasted. Unfortunately, it did not last long.

Like other reviewers, after <20 use cycles the device failed and I got a "lock" error when, in fact, the write-protection lock was not engaged. Oddly, by engaging the lock (i.e. entering read-only mode) I was able to remove the picture files from the card. Obviously, further use in the camera was impossible; I was also unable to reformat the card (either with my camera or with the SD Associations free software [..]).

This card has a high average rating but I would urge customers to consider the number of 1-star ratings due to complete product failure before they purchase this item.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 22, 2009 11:59:02 AM PDT
C. Taylor says:
I would discount this review, this guy has only posted comments twice, and both are 1-stars. I have had two of these cards that are well used for more than a year, never a problem. In fact I'm here to buy two more.

Chris

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2009 3:57:32 PM PDT
My card just failed now after 3 weeks... I cant get my pictures off at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 12:09:06 PM PDT
BigDaddy says:
My card just failed and having exactly the same symptom. I've had decent experience with Transcend cards before. However, it failed me this time. I just wanted to say that judging on something is hard, especially when you do not have the experience. Living in a perfect world may just happen to be your dream until everything fails on you one day... :) Don't take it personally, Chris, I just wanted to point out that you would not feel what we feel when you do not have a failed card.

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 9:43:03 AM PDT
I bought a 16gb transcend card and it to failed after about three weeks. In the camera it says "Card Locked" and my computer will not recognize it.

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 1:43:10 PM PDT
D. Mignola says:
Same exact problem here....Error messages and cannot reformat. Luckily i did not have wedding photos or travel photos/video on the card when it happened. this card is junk, plain and simple. skip transcend and try a better brand.

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 1:49:53 PM PDT
John Magnin says:
I bought two. The first card has worked fine. No issues. However, the second card failed shortly after I started using it. Unfortunately it failed, after I had just shot some very important and hard to duplicate video. A total disaster! I would suggest, if you are thinking about using this card for anything important - DON'T! If you have to pay a bit more, I would do so for a higher quality, more dependable SD Card.

Posted on Mar 4, 2010 2:12:16 PM PST
eaamon says:
just to say they still do come with a life time warranty. I had one replace quickly.

Posted on May 6, 2010 5:34:06 AM PDT
C. A. Bogart says:
I purchased 2 Transcend 16GB cards in August of 2009 and both have since failed with the "lock error" message.

Posted on May 6, 2010 5:34:36 AM PDT
C. A. Bogart says:

Posted on May 17, 2010 8:46:43 AM PDT
Lucy Lopez says:
I did read this comment before buying it,I shouldn't have done that...since it had mostly good reviews I took a chance and tried to save $30 dls.
well,it just lasted one week,one time use and it gave me the message: error 0x8007045D: and can't delete the files, they are still there and it's rejected by the camcorder.
I have 2 -16GB SDHC kingston and they are working fine.Now I'm going to buy another kingston instead
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (3,466 customer reviews)
 (2,392)