1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with iPhone 4S, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Goal Zero 19006 Guide 10 Adventure Kit with 4 Goal Zero AA Batteries (Sports)
I purchased the goalZero and was excited to use it on an upcoming trip, except it doesn't charge the iPhone 4S. Yes, it works with the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch, but not the latest iPhone 4S. So I thought, what did I miss? Going on the website and reading the info on the packaging its says "works with iPhone". Going on the the goalZero website there is a brief FAQ that says: "Yes, the Guide 10 and Nomad 7 work with iPhones, although we've found that new generations of iPhone 4's can be fairly unruly....". Unruly? Huh? Not helpful at all - now you tell me.

Additionally, the packaging the unit came in says a AAA battery adapter is included but there was none in the box. Then if you go to the website, it says you need to buy the AAA rechargeable separately which come with an adapter.

What a great idea but major disappointment. The site should say: "Is not compatible with the latest iPhone, iPhone 4S" I'm now trying to return to Amazon.

UPDATE:
Called customer service and explained my situation. Basically they said I need the GoalZero 10 PLUS. They could sell me one for $159. I said what am I supposed to do with the other one and they said ...uh, uh. Very poor customer service. I was hoping for this: "Wow, I'm sorry about that sir. I know it is confusing because we don't make it clear on our website that you'd need the GoalZero 10 PLUS for your iPhone 4S. That's our bad and we're fixing it. For all your hassle, just send us the unit and we'll ship you the right one today overnight. Happy customers are our priority!" ooopss that's Zappos! GoalZero - read the customer reviews about customer service. Make a change today.

Goal Zero 19010 Guide 10 Plus Black/Silver Small Adventure Kit

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2012 7:03:12 PM PDT
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to purchase but after reading your review and others like it I have decided not to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 11:06:29 AM PDT
Trail Rider says:
I'm confused about your review. If the product you bought isn't the right one, why should the company refund you? If you need a different product it is Amazon that you'd return it to. Amazon is the store your purchased it from. If the object is faulty, you return it to the manufacturer. If you want something different you return it to the store you bought it at.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:52:19 PM PDT
alex says:
Let me get this straight. They admitted the fault on their website, corrected it, and offered to send you the more expensive version OVERNIGHT if you returned the unit you originally purchased.... and you still give them 1/5 stars!? What is wrong with you? They did everything they possibly could, above and beyond, and you still give them the worst rating possible?

Not to mention, what happened with the new unit? Did you receive it? Did you return yours?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 10:07:59 PM PDT
Brian Pitts says:
Just to be clear, the review says "I was hoping for this..." That did NOT happen at the time of the review; you may have not read my review correctly. The 1 out 5 star is greatly influenced by the customer service. In all fairness though, I was able to get the GoalZero Plus which does work with the iPhone 4S *sometimes*. I say sometimes because when it did not work I called customer service and they told me that I needed to run the battery down for a while and then try charting the phone (I could not make this stuff up). Of course they blamed Apple for why their product was not charging at a full charge.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 10:11:16 PM PDT
Brian Pitts says:
Amazon has always been fair and gone above and beyond with their customer service. I did not feel GoalZero provided good customer service when I had a question about the unit not working. Additionally, I felt the advertising this particular product and its compatibilities was not clear on their website at the time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›