5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, Great System, June 2, 2014
This review is from: LaView LV-KDV2402W1-500GB Wide Screen HD Like 960H Security System (White) (Electronics)
We had a break-in and robbery at our second home in Palm Springs. We do have a monitored alarm system, but the bandits still got away with thousands of dollars of our belongings! We needed to beef up our security and piece of mind fast. So the next day I went to Amazon looking for a system that I could get right away.

I called LaView with some question and was put through to a tech support person, Jesus, right away. He was able to help me determine the best system for me. As a Prime member I could get it in two days but I wanted to get it the next day and he said he could have someone call me to help ensure I got the order shipped immediately for delivery the next day.

Within ten minutes I got a call from Grace who told me to place the order on Amazon and she would ensure that the distributor would follow up with the shipment immediately. She then sent me an email confirming that the shipment was on its way and it was delivered the next day!

The DVR is quiet and compact and the cameras are solid with high quality finishes and set up was very simple, just connect the wires and use the supplied mouse to to the simple software set up.

The motion sensing using pixel changes is pretty functional. We did have to trim some large bushes that were waving in the breeze and running the lines in the attic in the summer in the Desert wasn't at the top of my favourite actives but I wanted the security and reliability of a wired system.

For remote viewing, make sure to watch the video "How to setup your LAVIEW USA DVR for remote view step by step..." under the Support and Video Tutorials tabs on the LaView website.

We are using both the iPhone and Android Apps and I think I like their playback capabilities bet than on the system!

Now that we are exposed to the surveillance world, of course we could use more cameras and another system for our other home!

Back to Amazon to do some more shopping.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2014 8:58:18 AM PDT
T. Vu says:
Joe, what ip address do you use for android app, I've tried my provide's IP (which is seen by CanYouSeeMy.Org) and the DVR's IP and I am getting Server Not Available? ...... what Am I missing ?? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 9:14:31 AM PDT
Joe B. says:
In order to use the IP, you need to set up port forwarding on your router and the video "How to setup your LAVIEW USA DVR for remote view step by step..." on LaView's website does help.

You can also try P2P as the set up is much easier. From the Main menu on the LaView DVR go to Config then Network and across to More Settings. Select P2P and enable. Write down the number just below this(mine started with a 4 and is nine digits long).

Open the Android App and select Device
Click on + sign to add a device (top right of screen)
Alias: (enter whatever name you want)
Register Mode: P2P
ID Number: (enter the 9 digit number you wrote down)
User Name: (admin unless you've change the main log in on your DVR)
Password: (12345 or whatever you changed it to)
Click on disk symbol to save (top right of screen)

Click on menu symbol to get back to main menu (top left of screen)

Select Live View
Click on camera symbols (top right of screen)
Select the device (name you selected)
or click on the symbol beside the name you selected
Select or deselect the Cameras you want to view
Select Start Live View

For the Play Back feature you can select the time and one camera similarly to the Live View.

Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (14 customer reviews)

$289.00 $249.89