5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my Canon 60D, October 17, 2011
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s (SDSDX-032G-X46) (Personal Computers)
After a bit of research I purchased this card when I bought my Canon EOS 60D. I shoot RAW + JPG and have no trouble shooting at full speed with this SD card. Full HD video isn't a problem either.

I've put the card in both my desktop and laptop computers and haven't had any problem reading the images off them.

If you've spent a bunch of money on a DSLR why go cheap when it comes to the storage? A slow card can reduce the performance of the camera if you're shooting rapid fire. After looking at many reviews here and at photography websites I decided on this card and I haven't been disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2012 4:32:22 PM PST
iKnowBetter says:
May be perfect but $11.95 to ship 2 cards that weigh less than an ounce? I Prefer to go for a card of same rating, no Known brand name but is shipped free. $11.95? Really, Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 3:31:09 PM PST
Paul Gifford says:
Amazon doesn't charge that much for shipping. It's likely you were seeing the price and shipping charge from another retailer that sells through Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 10:10:14 PM PDT
SEAN SEEBRAN says:
That does not sound right, I purchased the same card and got free shipping, I think that Mr. Gifford is correct. Before purchasing, remember to check the list of all available sellers to see which offers are fulfilled by Amazon and has free shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 3:30:03 AM PDT
AmazonMan says:
Whats is the exact difference between this and SanDisk Class 10 Ultra SD 32GB Memory Card (SDSDU-032G-A11) (Official link http://www.sandisk.in/products/dslr/ultra-sdhc-sdxc-uhs-i-card-30mbs/)
Kindly be as detailed as possible
Thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 5:05:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 5:27:18 PM PDT
SEAN SEEBRAN says:
Please excuse me as I am not at home at this time and cannot cannot really get into it as I would like but, firstly you have to realize that the SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDX-032G-X46,Black has now been updated from 30 mb/s x 200X to 45 mb/s x 300X, just look at the pics after clicking the previous link, but from what I've seen, it has not been updated on Sandisk's website.

It also seems to me that the card that you are asking about is also the updated version of the SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDH-032G-U46 which as you would notice is a 20 mb/s class 6 as opposed to the one that you are asking about which is now a 30 mb/s class 10.

Now, I am definitely no SD card expert, I can only give my opinion based on my personal experiences so far. I started out looking for a 32 gig SD card to use with Windows 7's ReadyBoost, seeing that windows7 supports SD cards and flash drives up to 32 gig for each one used with ReadyBoost, up to 8 max.

I tried the SanDisk Cruzer 32GB USB Flash SDCZ36-032G-B35,Black which worked great with ReadyBoost, but was a little bulky for me because I wanted something that I could leave in for extended periods of time and yet be totally out of the way, that is why I started looking for a 32 gig Sd card.

Now, as I said before, I am no expert so I thought that the faster the card, the better it would be for ReadyBoost, only to realize now that that's just not the case. The SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDX-032G-X46,Black is suited for DSLR or advanced camera and hd video, and just does not work for ReadyBoost purposes, but it works great for just about anything else.

After a little digging, I decided to try one of a SanDisk SDSDH2002GA11 2GB Ultra II SD Memory Card (2-Pack) that I bought recently for a camera and guess what, it worked great for ReadyBoost but at 2 gig, it's just not enough for me, so I said to myself that I the SanDisk SDSDH2002GA11 2GB Ultra II SD Memory Card (2-Pack) works, it's more than likely that the SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDH-032G-U46 should work as well.

If for some reason this does not work out for me, my last resort will be the SanDisk 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDB-032G-B35,Black, now if for some reason this one also does not work, then I will be totally lost.

For you people that are also trying to find a reliable 32 gig SD card to dedicate entirely, all 32 gigs, to windows 7's ReadyBoost, stay tuned and I'll let you know which one worked for me, because it seems that this information is hard to come by for some reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 4:04:49 PM PDT
Samui says:
if you read the fine prints with (*) towards the end of the end of the product description, the ultra clearly states that write speed is lower (but did not specify how much lower it is), where the extreme read / write at the same speed, hope that helps

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 2:35:44 PM PDT
I payed $8.03 USD for shipping and handling.
I bought it for my wife's Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10, Leica 16x zoom, Full HD video and GPS.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Paul Gifford
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Maryland