Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Good golly gee willikers Batman this game is fun!, October 25, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Batman: Arkham Origins (Video Game)
Well I haven't beaten the game yet. I am only about 5 hours in, but I have seen so many mixed reviews on the big name review sites I just wanted to let people who enjoyed the first two Arkhams know that this one is just as great in my opinion. Not better, but just as great. First of all this is the Wii U version obviously and everyone was throwing it under the bus because of no multiplayer. I play Arkham games for the single player experience so I don't care that it is missing, but it is something to consider for those of you that do. I got it for ten bucks cheaper though so there's that. Now the PC version is also ten bucks cheaper and as far as I know includes multiplayer. It was a choice between PC and Wii U and I am glad I chose the Wii U, here is why:

*Graphics and Performance:The graphics look outstanding on the Wii U(looks better than AC Armored Edition) and the performance is also much better than the Armored Edition. It has a solid frame rate with the very occasional one second slow down. It looks incredibly crisp on my TV and has excellent textures. The only improvements PC has over it that I have seen from videos are the Physx and Tesselation effects. I have only encountered one minor bug which was a baddie after kicking his butt, he fell through the floor and only his head appeared.

*Gamepad.I guess my only complaint so far is hacking is not as fun as it was in Armored Edition(not a big deal though) and it doesn't have all the same gamepad features, but it still has some of them. The map is there and works just like AE. It doesn't have the remote control batarang on the gamepad and you can't pick gadgets from it either(those are selected with the D-pad). It does have the wonderful off-tv play. The detective mode is there and in this game it is unbelievable cooler. For example in AE one of the first things you do with detective mode is finding out were the bullet came from, you scan the evidence and it shows you the trajectory of the bullet. In this game a guy gets blasted through a wall and not only can you see what happened, but you can walk around to get different perspectives and forward and rewind it at whatever speed you like. I just thought that was so cool. The controls overall feel great and I prefer the gamepad now over the other controllers I own.

*The Sound: Sounds great to me! I have 5.1 Surround.

*The City: This city is tricky to review because I'm still not sure how I feel about. It is the biggest one yet and while there is a ton of stuff in it and it looks fantastic, it can still feel a bit empty at times. It reminds me of Arkham City with the look of it. If you hate Christmas though this game takes place on Christmas eve and has some Christmasy themes. Let's not be a scrooge about it. Starting out it's mostly go from one part of the map to the other and do a task. and it has quick travel by batwing(still wish I could fly it or use a batmobile). A lot of time will be spent in different buildings just like in AC of course. It also fills up with a lot of extra stuff to do as you progress through the game. So far I like it just as much as Arkham City.

*The Gameplay: Combat feels just as good if not maybe a tiny bit better. I like that as you progress you get a better diversity of baddies to whoop and a few new moves too. Stealth feels the same(it works but still has its flaws). Flying around has not changed at all. You start off with a lot of familar gadgets and this one has some cool new ones as well although I don't know what they all are yet. You still traverse through plenty of vents which I am convinced now that Batman just loves vents. He must have all kinds of vents in his mansion. No more are the question marks, now they are called relay data, but they are still acquired by solving a puzzle or they hiding out in a vent.

*The Vents: I am starting to like the vents myself. Some of the vents look much better than in the previous games and some give you that classic feel.

*Story: This is one of the most important things to me in a game and I loved the story of the last two games. I am not sure how it will turn out and so far it is pretty good and it has all the classic villains and some new ones I have never seen before. They all look different than the previous titles. Some of them sound the same like the Penguin. It takes place before the other batman games. It's about christmas eve and Black Mask has offered 50 grand to whoever can kill the bat. It informed me of 8 assassins and gave a little quick background to each. My favorite one is Deathstroke of course. He is just so similar to my favorite Marvel character Deadpool. The boss battles are awesome and the battle with Deathstroke is nothing short of brutal and insanely difficult. He earns his baddassery in that fight with Batman. I hope I see him again. Like I said I am not very far so I can't really tell you more.

*The Batman: Yes this is a new batman and not only is this my favorite look so far, but I like the voice actor better too. He is a far more violent and brutal Batman than what he becomes later on. He mostly feels like he doesn't hold back from his brutality until the last second.

Overall it has a few differences from the previous games and while it feels like they tried to play it safe and plays mostly the same, for the most part it still delivers one heck of a fun game and when I play video games that is really what it is all about. If you liked the first two then this one is a must. If you haven't played the other two you don't really need to play the first two before starting this one, but I would still recommend them. as they are both outstanding games. Last but not least nanananananananana BATMAN!

[Add comment]