5.0 out of 5 stars Made converting from Xbox an easy choice, July 29, 2014
This review is from: The Last of Us Remastered - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
I have been an Xbox gamer for the past 8 years, I decided to make the switch to PlayStation. I am not going to lie at first I was bummed when I made the switch...No more gamerscore, none of my friends played Platstation and truthfully I do not care for the user interface on PSN. I really thought I made a horrible decision....THEN CAME THIS GAME!!!

This game alone has made me a true believer in the Playstation.

Graphics - This is the best graphics I have ever seen. The Wife even stopped what she was doing and watched me play this game for 30 mins. straight. She thought at first I was watching a cutscene, after I told her I was actually playing the game her jaw dropped (literally). The color saturation is beautiful, it is colorful with daytime scenes but in darker scenes it emerses you with a feeling of loneliness.
Naughty Dog, the developer, paid a lot of attention to the lighting and physics of the game. Just to give you an example the flashlight when lit up actually has the rainbow color hue at the brightest spot of the light. The light also bends and reflects off of objects, extremely realistic.
This game runs at 60 frames per second. This is the standard that every developer should strive for. Running at this framerate everything is silky smooth. There is no glitching or lag, evening turning 360 as fast as I could I could not see any ghosting or motion blur. Character movements are spot on.

Audio - I have a more than adequate setup, my home theater is actually tailored for gaming more than anything else. The audio is just as well made as the visuals. I can clearly hear people conversing, from what direction they were talking and could still make out the full dialogue on top of my conversations. The background noise is amazing. You can hear the emptiness in sewers, the wind coming through the windows and the footsteps and movement from the zombies. The sound is refined, you do not just hear it but the depth is astonishing. You can guess how far something is.
This experience is based on your home theater system. The only other game that I felt was better as far as audio goes was the Dead Space Series.

Bonuses - Do not look at this game as $49.99 but rather $19.99. This is due to the fact that you are getting $30.00 worth of additional content with the Remastered version. One of which is another game with the prequel to Ellie's story.

Story - The graphics are what drew my Wife in but the story and character connection is what my Wife watch it. SMALL SPOILER AHEAD...She actually teared when Joel's daughter dies in the begining. This may be a zombie game on paper but it is so well recieved because the characters pull you in. You will relate to the characters, they are not super heroes, just average Joes with which people can relate to.

There are few games out there that are better as far as individual aspects go. Bioshock has a slightly better scripted story. Dead Space makes you feel terrified just a hiccup more, especially with the audio. The shooting mechanics are not as tight as a First Person Shooter but...You will not find a game that has all these aspects wrapped up into one package and is as polished and refined as this game here.

THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME I HAVE PLAYED UP TO DATE!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2014 2:25:23 PM PDT
Lotus Flower says:
Welcome to the PS Nation. ;-)

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 4:24:25 PM PDT
V. Fernandes says:
If you love single player games, then you made a good decision by coming to ps side, I recommend you Tomb raider and Uncharted series if you loved this so much. In my personal opinion Uncharted 2 is the best of naughty dog so far, but I also cant wait to play the sublime Last of us on ps4. Must have experiences to all gamers who love single player games.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 12:38:26 AM PDT
MN-seller says:
Welcome to Playstation!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2014 7:15:46 AM PDT
supernova says:
Thank you. LOL. If you want my gamertag is "six_S7EVIN_one". I am looking for Destiny partners. I am pretty quite and am all about enjoying the games

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2014 1:14:49 PM PDT
Lotus Flower says:
my tag is goldenratio13. I'm also looking for Destiny partners on PS4

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 11:22:08 PM PDT
mphfrom77 says:
Really a spoiler. Thanks :(

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 12:56:26 AM PDT
Raed Almulla says:
That's exactly what I felt when I ditched my xbox one for ps4. I was really disappointed with killzone and infamous. But finally when I played destiny Beta and the last of us I was amazed. My gamer Tag is anotherbrick, please add me if you are looking for destiny partners.

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 12:00:59 PM PDT
German says:
Sounds like your wife is a keeper. I bought my PS4 from Amazon on its initial release and have only used it a hand full of time because I have been hooked on TLOU for the PS3. I just got my copy for the PS4 and will now finally use the it more often.

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 11:48:05 AM PDT
postman says:
Great review. I don't have a ps4 yet but I am new to the ps3. Its my first ps3 system and I got the last of us free. The game is THE best I have played thus far.

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 1:24:56 PM PDT
Alden says:
Welcome to Playstation!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (655 customer reviews)

$49.99 $24.99