2.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as IGN says, October 31, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Video Game)
The graphics are ok, but there is no object to the game except become most wanted. Story line, nope. Just the city has a list of most wanted racers, spoiler alert, not really the title can tell you that. Unless you want to compete to beat your friends times and their best that is all this game offers. They give you every car in the game, you don't have to earn them. All you have to do is find them. When you find them don't expect to make your new found car any different from someone else's. You can't even select the color of your car. All you can do is drive through a "Spray n Paint" and get a random color. You can't tune your car all you can do is earn different parts by racing not earning point. Don't worry if you run from the cops, the only penalty that happens is you lose the points from the pursuit you were in. But points don't really matter cause all they do is move you a little closer to the top of the most wanted list, which you can do by racing anyways.

The crash scenes are good, but the annoying flag that hangs off your car to show you what position you're in, just distracts you from driving. Is it that hard to look into the top corner to see what position your in? Do you like knowing which way to turn when you're racing? Don't except this game to show you that. Usually you have to run the race two to three times because you'r going to miss a turn and get well off track.

I was so excited to get this game, my wife was making fun of me. I was expecting a game better than or equal to the the most wanted of 2005. Instead they ruined what could have been a great game. Is it, that hard to build off of a game idea that already exist. The only people that worked hard of on the game were the people that designed the cars and sounds. And is it that hard to get some real police codes not just something they made up.

SAVE YOUR $60 AND PASS ON THIS GAME. Unless you like to just push the Right Trigger button with no idea why you should keep playing. I wish someone would have told me this

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2012 7:23:18 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 8:48:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 9:01:30 PM PDT
Thanks for the review. No single player story = no buy from me. I don't have anything against online gaming...I'm just not really into it and it sounds like that's the main focus of this game. Moreover (and I know I'm in the minority here) I'm not really into open-world games, they bore me pretty fast. I like to have an objective to complete and instructions on how to complete it. Driving around a huge city for hours just looking for the next race isn't my idea of fun, it's tedious...especially when the races don't really count for anything other than moving you up the "Most Wanted" list.

My favorite racing game of all time is Burnout: Revenge. That game is almost 8 years old and I still play it (a lot) to this day, and it's still awesome. The single player campaign is long and challenging and has direction and focus. The races matter as you can unlock new cars, new events, etc. There are also a variety of races from a generic race, to traffic checking challenges, to elimination, to crash tests, and much more. There are also medals to earn and new ranks to unlock so it's a challenge. I know you didn't directly speak to it in this review but I'm guessing that there aren't medals and ranks and multiple different types of events in Most Wanted (since they practically give you everything right from the start), probably just time trials and police pursuits. Guess I'll just stick with Revenge.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 6:17:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 6:17:47 PM PDT
Woodstock says:
No manual transmission, not hood camera... very very bad...

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:20:34 PM PDT
Mike5mser says:
Since when does a racing game need a story line ....its a racing game.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:09:57 AM PDT
This game is fine for me, but this is because I'm not really into racing games. I actually get more fun from a trucking sim(ETS2 specifically) than any racing game. But then when I just wanna drive around like mad, then I play your typical racing game. The thing is I'm no good at them, so this is perfect for me, you can get most of the cars(Not all, 10 you have to get from beating the MW events) and then drive around like a bat outta hades and the only thing that can happen is you getting chased by the cops. then if I wanna race I can race. The big problem with this is, most people buying racing games aren't like me, and most are expecting NFS MW2, which this clearly is not. This is more of a Burnout: Online. Comparing this to NFS MW is pointless, but unavoidable simply because of the name. Why they HAD To name it that is beyond me. They could have called it Burnout Blacklist or Just "Driving Cars around for no point, but heck its fun!" and it probably would have been slightly better received by common people. But yeah, calling it Need FOr Speed Most Wanted is kind of a jerk face move on their part. It makes the fans mad, and I understand that. But I still enjoy the game for what it is being more of an Adventure/RPG gamer.(I play games more like KoTOR, Baldur's Gate, LoZ, Mega Man X etc.) So yeah, for people like me, the game is fine, but for real racing gamers it is utterly crap. I think it would just be best if people knew that when going in.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:44:55 AM PST
Chris94 says:
Racing games don't need a story line. Pretty ridiculous how some of you won't buy a racing game for that fact. And all the need4speeds with stories the game was terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:53:35 AM PST
CJ says:
Seriously. I always use the hood camera, and the bumper cam is way too low to use.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:05:19 PM PST
what about manual, can you switch to manual or is it all automatic transmission and can you switch to the d-pad for steering?

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:34:04 PM PST
It's not that a racing game needs a story, but there needs to be some kind of linearity to the progression. Reviewer is right, randomly finding cars on the map is NOT fun. This game is stupid and I'm going to write my own review explaining why.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:07:11 AM PST
Jeffrey says:
IGN is getting paid to do reviews
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (373 customer reviews)

$19.99 $19.68