5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gaming TV, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Sharp LC-39LE551U 39-inch Aquos HD 1080p 60Hz LED TV (2014 Model) (Electronics)
I bought this TV specifically for use with my PC and gaming consoles. It will need a bit of calibration right out of the box, but just put it in dynamic mode and it'll look great for gaming. Picture is nice and vibrant, and I didn't notice any ghosting or problems of the sort with Mario Kart 8.

Aesthetically, this is my favorite TV so far. The borders are a lot thinner than other TVs I've seen in this class, and it's very slim in the back. I especially love the stand. It looks nice, feels quite heavy, and is just one whole big piece. You simply slide the metal rods into the TV and you're set. I didn't even feel the need to put in the screws because the connection was already so secure.

If anyone wants to buy a TV on a budget, I would definitely recommend this product. There are other great brands in this class like Samsung, but Sharp manages to offer a cheaper price while not being too far behind the competition. It's a great looking TV when it's on and off, and definitely deserves a try.

If there was one thing for me to complain about, it would be the remote. As nice as the TV looks, the remote feels light, hollow, and a bit cheap. Not a big deal because it works fine and looks ok, but I prefer to have a little weight and heft to my remotes.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2014 6:20:00 AM PDT
J. Chin says:
Thanks for the review. Did you use a calibration DVD for the tv and if so, can you share the settings?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2014 11:48:43 PM PDT
Ryan Wang says:
Sorry it took me so long to see this. I didn't use a calibration DVD. I set one input to Dynamic for games, and the other I left alone for my PC. I think the dynamic mode looks fantastic for video games, but I feel the brightness is too harsh when browsing on my PC. I don't have any problems with the default settings and I don't think anything looks out of place. It's a tiny bit dark I suppose, so I recommend tweaking up the brightness.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 12:00:44 PM PDT
I am also looking at this tv primarily for gaming (mainly console FPSs) so how is the input lag? I had a 40in Toshiba and the input lag was so bad even in gaming mode that I had to use an old CRT tv for my gaming

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2014 3:03:51 PM PDT
Y. Navas says:
it's not good at all

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 7:49:51 AM PST
Chen Xulian says:
My boyfriend got the same panasonic tv and went mad over it. He's a FIFA and COD addict and has three TVs setup along with full-rotating mounts from this brand called FlexiMounts. It's pretty cool the way he can move them around. And not too overpriced either, so a pretty decent buy.

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 2:00:18 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 24, 2015 10:29:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 5:51:01 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 22, 2015 11:37:15 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 5:11:00 AM PST
Chen Xulian says:
My friend just LOVED this sharp tv. She's one of those HD-only freaks, and she adored the picture quality. I am planning to purchase one for my son. How does the TV work with an XBox? I also read somewhere about a lot of TV related accidents with children, so I plan to mount it on the wall. The brand I considered was FlexiMounts. It has a lot of choices to decide from.

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 8:11:56 AM PST
Chen Xulian says:
Useful review, thanks! But I'd like to know if anyone out there has ordered a tv mount to go with this sharp tv and if so, can you recommend a model. I don't really care for the low profile or distance to the wall, but I want this mount to be more sturdy. My friend bought a FlexiMounts tv mount and loved it. I'll probably buy the same, but I'm open to suggestions!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2015 1:06:59 PM PST
Take your fleximount spam elsewhere. I am looking for a new tv and every tv I look at has many, many, many of your spam comments. Very annoying please leave!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›