5.0 out of 5 stars Family guy gives his two cents, November 27, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I'm a 41 year old step-dad that doesn't play video games much. When I do play, it's typically a first person shooter game and the last gaming title that I played all the way through was "Half-Life." Feel free to start the "old guy" cracks/comments now. I bought the PS3 for two reasons: 1. Gaming entertainment for my step-son (15 yrs old) and for the huge group of nephews and neices that visit our home periodically. 2. My first Blu-ray player.
I bought "LittleBigPlanet recently to add to the home gaming collection and last night played for the first time with my step-son. After 2+ hours of excellent gaming and good times...we both came away with huge smiles on our faces. It's been quite awhile since I laughed so much doing an activity and sharing the moment with my step-son was very cool. So, what's entertaining about this game that looks on the surface to be for small children?
1. Funny look, funny sounds, oh yeah...a crapload of FUN! This game has the most unique, interesting look to it that I've ever seen for a game. Seeing what would be next really kept us guessing. Also, we were big fans of the "sounds of death," whenever our characters would perish. Whether by smoldering fire, cackling electricity, falling onto spikes, or getting squashed...my step-son and I laughed alot when one of us died in the gaming environment. The costume options are worthy of an entire paragraph by themselves, but I don't want to bore you.
2. Challenging games. I thought this game would be easy....WRONG. Even though the controls are easy to master (really easy!), the gaming situations cost us many lives to play and finally master.
3. Creativity of creating own gaming scenarios. I was blown away by what other players across the globe were creating and posting for folks to come and play. My step-son and I played a game created by someone from Japan, then another from someone that lived in London. Loved the experience and game play.
4. Allowing multiple players to play at the same time, on the same game board. Instead of the boring, play and then sit out, rotate, rotate rotate (Ugh)....this game allows 1-4 players to play the same game board at the same time. This makes for crazy, unorganized, hilarious game play. I blamed my step-son soooooo many times for killing me and vice versa. Whenever we completed a section successfully, we would high five each other and have huge grins of accomplishment on our faces. More games should allow for this kind of game play.
In summary...this game was a HUGE homerun, in regards to entertainment impact and fun times for 2 or more people. I strongly recommend this game to any family looking for a game that is family friendly, or for gamers that are just looking for something new, hilarious, and creative. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2008 2:12:46 PM PST
just me says:
great review

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2008 4:38:55 PM PST
no, AWESOME review. Your review is getting me this for Christmas =D

Posted on Dec 26, 2008 5:21:37 AM PST
This is one of the most thought-out, personal reviews I've ever read. Thank you for taking the time to post this!

Posted on Dec 30, 2008 11:00:33 AM PST
George says:
Agreed. This is a great review, and one that will convince this 40-year-old, new PS3 owner to get this game. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 1, 2009 12:11:59 PM PST
Mel_Cali says:
Thanks for the great review! My daughter and husband are playing now and were really intrigued when I told them about you playing game scenerios posted by Japan and London players. They want to try that after they figure out what they're doing (they just opened it and put it in like 10 minutes ago - lol).

Posted on Jan 2, 2009 7:55:58 PM PST
Your review just convinced me to buy this game. The fact that you are not a regular gamer made this all the more valuable a review. That this game will be something I can actually play with my whole family is something that I am really excited about.

Posted on Jan 28, 2009 8:35:53 AM PST
I wish I had a step father like you, hahaha. Great review, and I think people should look more for games that truely can make your family smile.

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 10:21:02 PM PDT
Megan Maria says:
Wonderful review! I'm glad you took the time to share with the rest of us on Amazon. :]

Posted on Mar 26, 2009 8:55:52 AM PDT
daniel says:
Awesome review!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 7:32:13 PM PDT
Mad4Movies says:
Fantastic review! I have been looking into this game a lot today and ran across your review here. I have to tell you that you wrote one of the best reviews of anything I have read and it felt like we were right there with you while you were playing it and enjoying your time together with your step son. Your review, along with the other things I have read and viewed about this game has my mind made up, I'm getting this game! I'm in my 40's also and thought it was mostly for kids at first! Thanks for sharing your experience with Little Big Planet with us..
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (372 customer reviews)

$59.99 $17.85