5.0 out of 5 stars Bose SoundDock Portable perfect fit, November 3, 2007
This review is from: Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Electronics)
This is our second Bose SoundDock as we also owned the original. I've also owned about three Bose Wave Radios (now Wave Music System)and noise canceling headphones. So, to say I'm a Bose fan is putting it mildly.

Sure, you pay through the nose, but my experience is that Bose delivers quality and stands by its products. We bought the SD Portable because we're living in a small flat in London. It's the perfect solution. Few wires, self-contained, small, yet it delivers a big quality sound that fills our living room. We are also limited on wall outlets here and with the great battery life from the rechargeable battery, I can take it anywhere around the flat.

Some knock Bose for their prices and refusal to disclose sound specs. Hey, I just listen to my music and find that it enables me to really enjoy that music where other systems might get in the way. If it doesn't deliver the best sound for its size, it's nearly the best.

The one problem I experienced is that with my new iPod Classic 80GB, the playlist up and down buttons on the remote don't work. Bose told me they can't keep up with every iPod model and that software updates to the iPod might fix that, but no guarantees. This is not a fatal flaw, but a bit of an annoyance.

Otherwise, this is a great product and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're interested in great sound in an effecient and small box.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2007 8:45:41 PM PST
ALEMAC says:
Are you try the Harman Kardon - Portable Speakers and Docking Station for iPod ? Then let me know !

Posted on Jan 19, 2008 7:12:48 PM PST
B. Steeg says:
"Bose told me they can't keep up with every iPod model "

I don't like the sound of that. It is a product specifically designed for iPod, which is a product from a single company, Apple. My response, how can you NOT keep up with every iPod model?

I have the original Bose Sound Dock. Even though I like the unit I am disappointed they failed to include an aux input. I was thinking about purchasing the new portable version to get my aux, but I really do not like the response that Bose gave you.

Posted on Feb 24, 2008 7:42:06 PM PST
M. Narciso says:
I have the new Portable SoundDock and a Black iPod 80GB Classic and the playlist buttons work just fine. You should get yours checked.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (437 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $259.99