Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Need more info?, February 25, 2011
I like the idea of "undercover mama" but I needed more info before buying it. I bought one to try and decided to try and provide more info to others who are considering this purchase.

It's a great idea but it doesn't work with all nursing bras.

I like: that it's long, the idea is to cover my belly that's funny shaped and full of stretch marks. I like the material, that it fits snugly and works under my tops.

I don't like: the hook is not so easy to work onto any bra. My most supportive bras are made of thicker material, and the hook on the "undercover mama" is too small for it. I do have one bra that is made of thinner material and the hook fits perfectly.

Motherhood Maternity: Wireless Lightly Lined Nursing Bra - works REALLY well with this bra

Medela Comfort Nursing Bra - Black - doesn't seem to work with this so well

Motherhood Maternity: Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra - does not work with this bra because the material is too thick for "undercover mama" small hook

If possible, buy one undercover mama, then go shopping for bras with it, so you'll know what works with it and what doesn't. (I know this advice is not too practical, since by the time we hear about this product we already own a bunch of bras, or we already have a newborn and can't go shopping so easily - but these are my two cents)

UPDATED PART OF THE REVIEW (Feb 13, 2012)

Ay, ay, ay! So, upon the suggestion of one of the people who commented on this review, I contacted "undecovermama" directly to see if they could send me a new top that has "loops". They sent me just the loops. Here is the thing, all the responses to my review stated that the "loop" solves all problems - that is baloney. The loop is awkward and doesn't hold on well to the bra. BUT, I have changed my review from 3 stars to 4 stars, here is why:

1. The product IS good. I've had it for a year, and the top has washed and dried well. The top has held up the shape and color.

2. I still like that the top runs long on the body. I never have to worry that I'll be showing off tummy skin.

3. And finally, the answer to all my troubles, listed on their website (seriously, go look up the undercovermama website, click on "faq" and then click on "can I see a close up" - option B is the solution to most problems). You can hook the top directly onto the strap of the bra. THAT does seem to hold up well. It's a simple solution, but, even though it's a great product, they have done a poor job of advertising the instructions on how to use this product (i.e., they could have those pictures from their website here and/or printed on the package that comes with the product in the mail. And I am pretty sure that info was not on their website when I first got the top and kept trying to figure out how it works).

All in all, it is a great product and it is nice that you can wear it with any bra (if that turns out not to be true, I'll do another update, but I think that hooking directly onto the bra strap works well).

Only thing to note: The top wears slightly lower than the bra, so if the bra and top are a different color, you have that double tone. But this is only an issue if you are wearing a low-cut top over this. And well, covering chest is not the purpose of this bra, so it doesn't really matter.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2011 1:56:37 AM PST
E. Ferrell says:
Thank you!! just the info I was looking for :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 10:29:59 AM PDT
mommy4d says:
thanks for the review, my fear was exactly that, will the clasp work on all bras.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 11:17:34 PM PDT
Cyn says:
in addition to the hook, there is also a clear loop that is stretchy. the packaging recommends using this loop with thicker straps. i did and it works perfectly! hopefully, this will fix your problem with the hook!!

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 5:15:24 PM PDT
JenniferL says:
I wear a 42 G medela and it works great for me!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 11:36:08 PM PDT
Deborah G says:
I'm looking at my undercover mama and I just don't see the clear loop you are talking about. It would be helpful if the manufacturers posted a picture of the hook AND of this clear loop you are talking about (or if they included that info in the packaging). My top only has the hook.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 7:32:06 AM PDT
S. Yerges says:
I believe the loop+hook is a new feature, so you may have the older original design that only featured the hook. If you go to their website, undercovermama.com, you will see a photo of both attachments. Hope this helps! :)

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 8:02:45 PM PDT
Joy D. says:
Mine has the clear loop (just bought these last week) and works great on my Motherhood bras as well as bras I bought at Target! This review needs to come off the top of the reviews as it is inaccurate now.

Love these things!!!

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 9:24:58 AM PDT
K Fino says:
I bought a couple of these back in February/March, and liked them so much, that I just ordered two more. The newer ones that I ordered (directly from the Undercover Mama website) now have clear rubber rings as a second option to attach to your bras. You can either use the clasp, or simply loop the ring around the bra. The loop works on any kind of nursing bra attachment and stays put as well as the clasp.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:14:24 AM PDT
Elena says:
Thank you so much for such a great & thorough review! We are constantly improving our instructions & product and are taking your suggestions into consideration. A million thanks from the moms behind Undercover Mama!
¢¾ Elena (owner of Undercover Mama)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›