3.0 out of 5 stars Durable, but overpriced and a little cheap-looking, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Anne Klein Women's 109416BKBK Swarovski Crystal Accented Gold-Tone Black Ceramic Watch (Watch)
Length:: 0:36 Mins

I've worn this watch basically every day (and night) for about 6 months. It's been banged, dropped, and wetted. There's almost no evidence of wear on it. It must run small, as it's the first of probably 5 AK watches I haven't had to remove a link from. The ceramic band is great: durable and comfortable, not overly heavy. This band is not a deep black... more of a very, very dark grey. It looks good.

Things I don't like (which you may not care about): 1, the crystal is slightly curved, not absolutely flat. This creates more glare and distortion; it's a good dial but would be easier to read with a flat crystal. 2, the black areas on the bezel, the areas surrounding the 60, 10, 20, etc. -- those areas aren't flat, either. Those areas are supposed to be ceramic, I guess, but it ends up looking more like high-gloss plastic poured in to surround the higher-level golden numerals and golden/crystal divider bars. That's what I tried to highlight in the attached video. The combination of this and the distorting crystal makes this watch look cheaper in person than it does on this page.

It's an OK watch -- but if I'd paid full price for it (I had a discount) and then seen it in person, I'd probably have sent it back, honestly.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2012 6:29:23 AM PST
Shop Girl says:
thank you so much for your review and video, very helpful!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 1:40:46 PM PDT
I need 3 BLACK ceramic links for my rose gold black ceramic Anne Klein watch and literally have contacted at least 2 dozen places and cannot get them(Including Anne Klein's webpage). This is most frustrating considering the price of the watch.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 10:09:40 PM PDT
Your video was awesome in that it showed the glare from the crystal. It is rather large also. Thank-you for taking the time. Your review was accurate and very helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 8:58:31 PM PDT
Puffy Taco says:
Here's an Anne Klein number (866-631-0342) provided to me by Amazon. I spoke to a very helpful lady at AK re a different watch question, and she did assure me that they will send up to 3 free links if you provide them your watch model number. I bought my last AK watch at Nordstrom's and they ordered me the 3 links I needed. My old watch works great but the band got a little "corroded" underneath and was scratching/irritating my skin. FYI, the Amazon watch people were very helpful, also. Good luck!

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:43:23 PM PDT
pns says:
thanks for the write up and your video!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:27:49 AM PDT
You're very welcome!

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 2:26:09 PM PDT
I have this watch and love it. I don't see anything cheap looking about it. I have received comments on it, and have been told that it looks like a more expensive watch.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›