1.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, greedy company, November 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect Trilogy - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Ok, to start, I already have the original games on ps3 but hearing about this pack I knew I had to get my hands on it. Specially since I have never played the first game nor played the entire adventure with my own decitions made at a large scale. After buying it for my Xbox I felt dissapointed as any of the dlc came with it so actually, I just bought a game without the DLC I alredy had on ps3 and now I can't finish the complete adventure anyways!!! How difficult it is to give the same DLC that you gave to other consoles?! I don't mind buying some DLC when the game is so great it deserves it, like all the DLC of oblivion. But when it comes to this I have to say NO. They wan't me to pay like 10 bucks for a 10 year old game, Ok, but I won't pay other 90 bucks to get the DLC to complete it! IT MORONIC EVEN TO ASK FOR IT!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 5:27:20 PM PST
So let me get this straight, they are greedy for releasing three games for the price of one? Sure, there isn't any of the bonus content, but that is still 3 games. Hell, the third game only came out a few months ago. Seems like a hell of a deal to me. Seems like you just have a personal bias against Bioware and EA. But there I go again, thinking I could find any sort of objectivity from a 1 star review from Amazon. Silly me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:18:46 PM PST
Richie.ea says:
Ok, to start with, my review is my opinion, it is not objective, it is the way I feel about the product I bought! I don't expect you to understand because you obviously don't know what a review is!

They are greedy for the reason I said they were. Because they want me to pay other 90 bucks for the DLC of those games, DLC should EXPAND a game, NOT COMPLETE it, and the DLC I got was not even close to that. Why there is a new Shadow Broker? Why is Shepard on jail on the third game? Why to understand that I need to pay more? It is a Collection!!! but an INCOMPLETE COLLECTION! I would say I am screwed but knowing EA/Bioware, they are just gonna drop the complete/ultimate collection when this ones sales go down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:50:41 PM PST
I don't think you understand what a product review for a site like this is. You are supposed to review the product and give consumers accurate assessments of what the product is. Your opinion is extremely skewed against the company selling this product. Also, 90 dollars? Are you kidding me, that is not accurate. Lets break this down, shall we? I'll use Microsoft points as my template.

Mass Effect 1's DLC

-560 Overlord
-160 Aegis Armor Pack
-560 Kasumi
-160 Firepower Pack
Total cost of all DLC minus Cerberus Network: 3280 Points, roughly about 40 Dollars. Considering all the content, I'd say it's actually pretty cheap, also if you subtract the cosmetic items not needed it 2380 Points, roughly about 30 Dollars.

Finally, Mass Effect 3
-800 From Ashes
-800 Leviathan
1600 MS points, 20 dollars

Now, do your arithmetic, that comes out to 70 dollars total for all the DLC, including the cosmetic DLC that isn't really necessarily. So no, they don't have to pay an additional 90 dollars. Sure, 70 dollars isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it is less than what you said. So you are either ignorant or you outright lied. Also, take into account that NONE of this MUST be purchased. Bioware is simply releasing 3 games, that is it. It is standard fair for things like this. Finally, I just want to point out that the old DLC packs that really expand upon the story are Lair of the Shadow broker, From Ashes and Arrival. That comes out to be about 26 dollars give or take. Everything else isn't really needed to get the complete story. That is fairly reasonable if you ask me. So yeah, I call bullshit. This is not an incomplete collection, each game is complete and they do have explanations for why the characters are where they are if you didn't play the DLC. So, yeah, do the math before you run your mouth next time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:53:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:18:12 PM PST
Richie.ea says:
Someone is soreeeeee, and you missed some DLC like Firefight Pack, Groundside Resistance Pack and well, I added Cerberus network and those other. Also, I said ME1 was 10 and is 15 bucks... 90 bucks is the aproximated price for all the DLC. I was transmitting and idea not a finnance clipboard. Also, if you bought this used you would have to pay over 100$!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:00:39 PM PST
Not really, I just hate ass holes like you who clearly only come here to one star the product. Also, you were wrong in your review and I pointed it out. Such a short comment with no substance shows me that you know you were wrong and don't have any counter argument. That or you are too lazy to read my comment.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:11:09 PM PST
xile says:

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:04:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 4:16:10 PM PST
I already posted this comment in the other 1-star review, but it applies just as much here:

To be fair to the reviewer, you may or may not agree with his statements, but you can't ignore the fact that even EA/Bioware's marketing referred to this collection as the "definitive Mass Effect experience". You should be able to look up the advertisement that states that exact phrase. Statements like that imply that the package is, in fact, complete when it turns out that it's not. Regardless of one's opinion as to whether or not the DLC is needed to enjoy the main games, you can't argue that it is required if you want to completely understand the story. Despite enjoying the games quite a bit myself, I do believe this bundle is actually just a cash grab. You can rest assured that after they've finished supporting Mass Effect 3, they will release a collection that incorporates everything.

Anyways, all I'm really saying is don't give the reviewer such a hard time. He's not giving the product a poor rating because it's not something he wants it to be. He's giving it a poor rating because it's not something it was advertised to be.

Also, @ xile, I would not counsel anyone to skip the best game in the series. Sure it's gameplay and level design is lacking, but the story was far better and well-rounded, the choices seemed to matter more, and there was actual exploration. Of course that's all opinion, but I would definitely suggest starting with the first game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 2:08:12 AM PST
dean says:
David G. Harpstripe, I hate to tell you this, but you are the only A-hole in this debate, plain & simple, what EA chose to do is COMPLETELY 100% "Anti-Consumer" , it reeks of GREED, & only a brainwashed moron, a paid SHILL, an undercover Corporate sellout, would attempt to defend Big Corporate Business's greedy actions, especially someone like EA with there LOoooooong & infamous track record. Its inexcuseable what EA did, & there's only 1!!!! sensible way to see this issue, it is what it is. CLASS DISMISSED
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (94 customer reviews)

$37.61