5.0 out of 5 stars 5060 is a great camera!, December 29, 2003
This review is from: Olympus Camedia C-5060 5.1 MP Digital Camera w/4x Optical Zoom (Electronics)
I've had the 5060 about three weeks and have had great luck taking pictures. Pictures are high quality, good color and good exposure with just auto setting.
The menu was not that tough to get used to (bark is worse than the bite), plus, there are special short cut buttons for common features (like flash settings or ISO) where you press one button and the jog wheel gets you right to the feature setting you want.
I love the tilt LCD and the solid feel in my hand. I sometimes forget to take the lens cover off, but the cover design lets the cover pop-off with no problem. This is better than the 5050.
I think the wide angle improvement (27mm) made the lens ap. drop from 1.8 to 2.8, but I'm not sure. I would have preferred the 1.8, but I love the 27 wide angle with no attachment necessary. All the other cameras I looked at had a 2.8 also (including Nikon 5400, Canon G3 and G5).
The 5050's 1.8 lens was the exception. Even with the 5060's 2.8 ap., I have taken great indoor shots. Really! I just printed a beautiful Christmas picture I took in front of the tree. Yes, I used wide angle rather than tele, but aren't most indoor shots at wide angle anyway? I try to zoom with my feet indoors to get the widest angle possible, and the 5060 beats almost every other camera with wide angle (except the 5400), but, the 5400 doesn't have a low light auto focus assist. The 5060's low light auto assist seems to do the job!
BTW, the movie feature works great, too! I did not buy the 5060 to take movies, but it is easy to use and the movie quality is excellent, even in dim light. You can take as long a movie as you have room on your card, too.
I also love the included remote. The remote is better than the timer, but it has a timer, too.
I would buy the 5060 again, but if I had a 5050 I would be happy too. Happy New Year!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]