Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

984 of 1,019 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For!!!, April 19, 2008
This review is from: Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
We were going to buy the DC07, but decided the DC25 was worth the upgrade....boy, were we right!!!
The main clencher is the ease of using the attachment tools, with the DC25, you just extend the telescoping pole, and, voila! you're ready to go!{the DC07 requires plugging/unplugging to use the attachment tools} I found myself attacking every corner and groove with specks of dirt/cobwebs in it (LOVE this thing for cleaning the ac intake grates and the fins of our air filters!)...most of them without ever having to bend over.
Of course there is the fantastic suction, but then, you expect that from Dyson's reputation...it was disgusting what it got out of our carpet (we have no pets, no kids, and don't wear shoes in the house; I vacuum very regularly, anyways) the first time.
If you don't think you'll use the attachment/tools much, the cheaper models might work for you, but if you appreciate being able to easily attack the tiny corners and grooves no upright can fit into, you're probably dreaming of this model.
The "Ball" feature makes turning and getting into weird corners a breeze, although it may take some people a while to get used to; I've been using a swivel-head mop for years, so I'm used to the motion.
FYI, if you get those 20% off coupons from a certain store that sells stuff for Beds, Baths and, well, you know, that last "B"..you can try all the Dyson vacuums in the store, purchase your Dyson from them with a coupon (saving you $100 on this model!), not pay for shipping, and have the ease of returning/exchanging at a local store if you should have a problem.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2008 6:06:00 AM PDT
Ann says:
Thanks for the BB&B tip. I was thinking Dyson was excluded from that 20% off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 4:31:12 PM PST
R. Black says:
where do you get the 20% off coupons?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2008 8:08:28 PM PST
Love-to-Cook says:
In the mail. You could try to get on their store mailing list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2008 9:28:22 PM PST
C. Hughes says:
How about the attachments? Which ones are most worth buying, Do you know? I just got the DC25 for Christmas but it does not come with extra attachments.

Posted on Dec 26, 2008 12:21:44 AM PST
ari180 says:
Just passing thru here -- but I did want to note with appreciation that Amazon allows this info to survive on their website.
I've been a big fan of amazon for a while, and usually have little patience with the screams of betrayal from customers who are horrified when something they bought last month at the regular discounted Amazon price later shows up at a much lower sale price. (Apparently, nobody else should be able to buy a given product for less than what they paid -- ever.)
That amazon allows this suggestion to remain here uncensored is greatly to their credit, IMHO.

Posted on Jan 29, 2009 10:06:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2009 10:11:08 AM PST
If you buy this at BB&B with a 20% off coupon like is suggested here, you'll pay $400 plus tax. In my state that works out to be a couple dollars more than Amazon sells it for here. Personally, I would rather have it delivered to my door. But maybe you want to help out your state by paying sales tax and having the flexibility to take it back if you don't like it. Perhaps Amazon should drop the price another twenty bucks to make our buying decisions easier!

P.S. The BB&B coupons specifically exclude Dyson! Some stores will honor the coupon anyway, but I think I'll avoid the hassle and just use Amazon. I know Dyson's work great, so I have no thoughts of returning it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2009 1:25:51 PM PDT
My BB+B store would not take the 20% off discount coupon. So it was $100 more than on here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2010 6:35:19 PM PDT
I know the coupon says it excludes Dyson so I didn't even try to buy it there, and my BB&B has very "on the ball" (pardon the pun) cashiers. Glad to know someone got it at a great discount, I'm going with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2010 1:39:25 PM PDT
W. Walsh says:
Dyson is excluded on the coupon. read the
fine print.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2010 3:45:15 PM PDT
Buddy says:
I bought Dyson DC25 from BB&B today, using their std. 20% coupon that you get in your mailbox. The coupon's fine print did not exclude Dyson and the store was happy to give me a $100 discount. This was in Austin, TX.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›