21 of 25 people found the following review helpful
Returned my top Ultrabook for this... and no regrets
, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Apple Macbook Air MD231ll/A 13.3-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
Before I start this review, I would like to mention that I had an Asus Zenbook UX31A for a week or two before I ordered the Air. The Ultrabook was stellar - most reviewers say it is the top Ultrabook out right now (the MBA technically does not classify as an Ultrabook), but it had some shortcomings that I could not stand. Therefore, I bought the Air instead. Anyways, here is my opinion on the 13" MBA (2012 edition).
- VERY thin and light and small
- Looks nice and original, design-wise
- AMAZING trackpad. Seriously... no other laptop has this good of a trackpad. The multitouch gestures are phenomenal and making using the MBA a breeze.
- Chiclet backlit keyboard
- Not that much bloatware compared to the UX31A
- Very fast SSD - great write speeds
- (Related to SSD) Fast bootup and sleep resume times (faster than the UX31A)
- Great Apple warranty support
- Enough hard drive space by stock - I had around 108GB available by stock which is pretty good compared to some other ultrabooks
- Very loud and clear speakers
- Display is not overly saturated
- USB 3.0 ports
- Get the satisfaction of having a Mac ;)
- Ability to dualboot/use Parallels to get Windows 7
- The resolution could be higher. The UX31A has a 1080p display, which absolutely murders this. Still, 1440x900 isn't bad.
- Battery life is okay. I get ~6 or 6.5 hours, which is fine, but it really should be higher.
- You own an Apple product, which requires you to either be ignorant or constantly defend yourself. You choose.
Okay well that is my unbiased (I think) review on the Macbook Air. So far I love my choice of returning the UX31A to get the Air. If anyone has any other questions about the Air or comparisons between this and the Zenbook, please comment.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?