4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as people make it out to be, August 31, 2010
This review is from: ESV Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
For a Kindle version of the Bible, I am VERY pleased so far. It took me about 30 minutes to download various Bibles to sample them, and this one turned out to be the best for me.

Searching may not be as fast as searching through a hard copy, but it's not nearly as bad as people have reported. I can get to any verse in the Bible in ~10 seconds, which I think is pretty good.

Here is how I search:
1. In the Kindle home page, or even in the Bible, I start typing to activate search, i.e., 'Ezekiel'
2. Then I click on the symbol button and type in the chapter number I want, i.e., 17
3. I click enter to search
4. In my search result page, I can easily find where Ezekiel 17 is, so I click on it (or I need to click on the book that contains the search criteria first - depending on whether or not I'm searching from the home page or the Bible)
5. Each chapter of the Bible for me takes about 2 pages for me to navigate (this might be because I use the smallest font because I like high resolution)

Also, I love reading the introduction before I read a book. So for example, if I'm about to read Isaiah, then I love to read the introductory background first. In order to do this, I simply follow the steps above, but instead of putting in the chapter number for step #2, I type 'introduction'.

*Update*
I just finished 2 Thessalonians, I wanted to click the next page button so that I could start on the introduction of 1 Timothy. Unfortunately, I had to page through all of the study notes of 2 Thessalonians before I could even get to 1 Timothy! I didn't know that they put the study notes after the book (in the hard copy, the study notes are underneath). This is very annoying. Sure, there are workarounds, but little things add up. I still leave give this 3 stars, but if I find anything else, then I'll be sure to update this review and downgrade the overall rating.

*Update2*
Never mind, you can just click on the right arrow to skip through all of the study notes.

[Add comment]