4.0 out of 5 stars Fixed Assassin's Creed Freezing, October 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (DVD-ROM)
Upon installing Assassin's Creed (Number One) I found that when I initialized the game it froze for a second or two upon the Ubisoft logo, and again in various places throughout the cut-scene before the main page. After this, I found that every time my 'status' would change, I killed a guard, focused on an NPC, or spoke with an NPC it would freeze as well.
I found a fix to this; It's apparently Assassin's Creed attempting to contact a Ubisoft server for some reason or another (possibly to give error or glitches feedback), the way to fix this is to disconnect your computer from the internet. Once I did this, it ran like a dream and I haven't had a single problem with it.
I can't say that this is everyone's problem when it freezes, or that everyone even has this problem, but it worked for both of my computers, and apparently many others.
As far as Assassin's Creed II, I have encountered no problems with it whatsoever when using the activation code, both games run like a dream.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 5:11:51 PM PST
Have you gotten AC II to play? I was about to buy and then saw there were as many 1's as 5's (almost), and a lot of the problems were with getting II to play (like you need two passcodes but only get one?) It's a gift for my son, and I don't want him to get all excited and then find out that my $10 was not such a good price if it bought an unplayable game!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:54:59 AM PST
It's contacting as a form of DRM. Ubisoft is notorious with broken digital rights management features, and with never removing them and causing problems for people trying to play their games years after they've ended support.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 10:40:06 AM PST
Justin says:
This may be too late, but I seem to be able to run 1 and 2 if I install only one at a time (I can play AC1 if I don't have AC2 installed and vice-versa).

Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 1:24:19 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2013 6:49:26 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (238 customer reviews)

$9.99