Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Really Bad Customer Service, October 15, 2013
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2014 [Old Version] (Software)
Our company has been using QB for many years. We recently installed the 2014 version. Initially we had some installation problems. One of our staff members had to spend on the phone waiting for someone to pickup the call for 2 hours and 30 minutes. As I am writing this review I am waiting now 47 minutes and counting. Someone picked up the phone after 27 minutes and told me I need another department. He transferred my call and I am still waiting. Who will pay for loss of work for so many hours. What good is a great product if you can't get service. Every year we spend good money to purchase the latest version. I personally wouldn't do that except that they don't give you support if you don't pay for the upgrades. But then - what support?

It didn't use to be that way, but we are beginning to think about an alternative. It is now, BTW 54 minutes on the phone without being able to speak to anyone.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 15, 2013 7:11:02 PM PDT
Hi Jay,
I'm sorry to hear about the long wait, this is definitely not what we strive for.

Were you able to get help with the issues you were having? If you still need help please feel free to contact me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com attn: Corie. Please reference your review and your contact information and I will see what I can do to get you in contact with the correct department.

Thanks,
Corie
QuickBooks Customer Care

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Oct 15, 2013 7:11:02 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:13:07 AM PDT
Jay Jordan says:
The issue I called for was solved. That was not the point. The point is that businesses cannot wait so long. It was the third time in the last couple of weeks that we needed to speak with support and the first one the wait was two (2) hours. We had another issue that was not solved. We have a company that we cannot open. Since this is not urgent, we let it go. You can't do this to businesses that pay you so much every year. I will write you an email about our other issue. Let see how you perform and I may change my rating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 10:38:30 AM PST
CG Ingram says:
Did they help your with your other issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 5:03:02 PM PST
Jay Jordan says:
In the end I solved it myself. Nobody contacted me although someone from customer loyalty wrote me an email following my negative post and promising someone will contact me within 24 hours. Nobody did. I had another issue after that. I wrote back to that person. I received a reply only the next day. Again I was promised someone will contact me and never did. Again I was able to solve this internally. But never was able to speak with customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 10:00:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2013 10:03:00 PM PST
WPA Member says:
Jay, this is definitely a pattern. We considered Quickbooks because of its excellent software skills and rating. We need a software this robust for our 3 companies (and 5 more on the way). However, negativity is rampant among Quickbook reviews, all pointing to Customer Service. Tomorrow, I will argue to my partners against integrating Quickbooks into our accounts. We cannot operate with this lack of maturity in customer support. Thanks for the insight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2013 9:10:21 AM PST
Jay Jordan says:
I would look into Sage 50. I read that they are good in terms of software. I am not sure about their customer service, but nothing can be worse than Quickbooks

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 5:28:54 PM PST
Twainn Mark says:
Did you manage to get any Americans on the phone? I can only seem to get Indian or Filipino tech support for my Quickbooks product and they are very difficult to understand because of their thick accent.

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 8:00:32 AM PST
B. Wells says:
You are 100% correct. I consult, install and use Quickbooks as well as Sage50. Support is about the same for BOTH products and both offer a premium support (at a cost). I've found that the premium support is not much different than normal support at least in the covered period. I had a customer call me with an issue concerning Peachtree (Sage50) and when I arrived 2 hours later she was still on hold. So the service is about the same for both companies.

I can tell you that Quickbooks, overall, is much easier to install over a network compared to Sage50 and Quickbooks is much easier to use than Sage50. Now, the one you prefer is up to you but I would use Quickbooks for most small business applications. Again, this is based on servicing both, with various customers. The Quickbooks users have far fewer problems. Some of that could be contributed to smaller learning curve for Quickbooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2013 7:56:19 PM PST
R. Baker says:
Sage has even worse customer service and they constantly try to make you upgrade. Quickbooks is the better of two evils.

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 12:20:46 PM PST
JB says:
QuickBooks online and their merchant service is no better. Unfortunately there is not a better base alternative. I spend hours every time something goes wrong. You just have to figure it out yourself. Sad to say because the software is really ok.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›