5.0 out of 5 stars This one supplement has changed my life!, October 31, 2007
I eat well. I read a lot of research on health. I'm a Medline junkie. I've tried a lot of different supplements in my time--- probably 40 or 50 different things over the years--vitamins, minerals, herbs. Some of them made me kind of ill, some had a minor positive effect. (For example, I noticed that ginkgo actually did help me think more clearly, at least a little bit.)

None of them, however, made a MAJOR positive impact on my life.

That is, until Natural Calm.

This miraculous substance has improved the quality of my life dramatically!

Here are the things this supplement has helped with:

Sleep--- Basically cured my occasional insomnia, and gives me a deep restful sleep every night.
Stress-- I now feel spectacularly relaxed. Also increased my ability to deal with difficult "crisis" situations.
Mood--- Made me generally happier.
Decreased muscle cramping and soreness.
Improved gums and teeth.
Improved hair loss.
Improved digestion and transit time.

Yeah, hard to believe it cured so many things, right?? Me too!

But out of all the things I have ever taken, this is the ONE THING that I would NEVER be without. It has made that important an improvement in my life. It is almost like a miracle. Really.

There is a huge amount of research on the need in the body for more magnesium than Americans usually consume. Especially important is the ratio of Calcium to Magnesium you consume. In America this ratio is about 4 to 1. Ideally it should be around 1 to 1 or 1.5 to 1. I have settled on a ratio of about 1200 mg Ca and 800 mg Mg per day. (Try "The Magnesium Factor" by Margaret Seelig or "The Magnesium Miracle" by Carolyn Dean here on Amazon if you want more science of magnesium.)

I highly recommend that everyone try this supplement, at least for a week or two. You probably won't need that long. I noticed an improvement in two days. A MAJOR and IMMEDIATE improvement.

If you try it, I'd be curious as to your results. Leave a message in the comments section of my post, if you want.

Here's wishing you great health!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 31 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 136 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2009 12:31:53 PM PDT
Mademoiselle says:
Thanks for the great review. I suffered with anxiety, pessimism, low energy, tired muscles, and a general sense of becoming easily over-stimulated. I found natural calm at a nutrition store 2 wks ago. I can't believe how much better I feel; better sleep, NO anxiety, much improved mood and outlook, no cravings for chocolate, improved mental clarity, no migraine headaches. I can't recommend it enough to family, friends, anyone who is seeking better health. I just wish the mainstream med. community would do a better job of getting the word out about importance of mg. Medicines will never give us what nature has given us, science and nature really need to be one. Thank again, and wishing you many years of good health.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2009 3:53:27 PM PDT
Hi there!

I am SOOOO glad this has helped you! I'm telling you, the stuff just about saved my life. I am a high functioning, healthy person today. Before Natural Calm, I was just about as high functioning (I got a lot done) but with a lot of stress, anxiety and sleepless nights. GONE! GONE ! GONE!

The good thing is that these good results actually IMPROVE over time the longer you take it. I noticed continued improvements in my health and well being for about 9 months until I stabilized at "totally healthy and feeling well almost all the time." Bascially, I was magnesium deficient. Since your bones are the main repositor of magnesium, if you have been severely deficient for years, it takes months for your bone repository to replenish itself. Once it has done that, you will have a reservoir of magnesium so that even if you don't take NC every day, you will still be stable and healthy. When your body needs Mg, it can then go to your bones and borrow some until you get some in your diet. That is, if your "swimming pool" of Mg is FULL, not EMPTY. By supplementing with Mg for 6 months to a year you can replenish that storehouse.

Magnesium has been a miracle for me.

Be well!

-Greg B

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2009 3:54:49 PM PDT
By the way, your craving for chocolate is easily explained because chocolate is very high in magnesium. Your body was trying to help you out!

Posted on May 14, 2010 5:45:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 14, 2010 5:49:35 PM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2010 5:51:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 14, 2010 5:56:23 PM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2010 5:55:06 PM PDT
Penny Burkle says:
I've been taking this for 5 days and have not noticed a difference yet. I have been taking 2 tsp. with my multi. vitamin, b complex, c, e(all food based) and fish oil mid morning. Then I take 1 tsp before bed. Still am sleeping terribly. Can you tell me how and when you take yours? I haven't taken any extra calcium. Only the small amount in my Multi. because I have read things about too much calcium depleting magnesium. I just read that Magnesium can give you more energy and for some people should not be taken before bed. Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2010 6:12:06 PM PDT
Hi Penny--

I basically take the same schedule you do: at breakfast and before bed, 1-2 teaspoons at a time. When I first started, though, I was also taking one more dose during the day, maybe 6-8 tsp per day.

I have also heard that for some people taking it before bed might rile them up. I personally have not experienced that.

My recommendation --- if you want it --- is to titrate your dose up until you start having loose stools. Just below that is the dose you should stick with. Space the doses out to three times a day. If you feel you are still having trouble sleeping, try taking your third dose at dinner instead of right before bed.

My thoughts are this:

(1) You might not be taking enough for your body. The way to tell is if you start getting loose stools. If you arent getting loose stools at 3 tsp a day, then your body is probably absorbing most of it and you need more.
(2) If you start taking more, and still do not notice any help after 2-4 weeks with your sleeping issues or with other health issues, it is possible that magnesium deficiency is not your main problem. I would give it a good month, though, or more before I gave up. Mg really can't hurt you unless you go crazy with it.
(3) I would also check my total calcium intake. Too little calcium can also cause issues, although this is not the problem with most Americans.

My experience and those of others is that we noticed a rather rapid response to this product, within a week or two.

Feel free to ask if you have other questions.

Please update me as to your status.

-Greg

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 8:03:51 PM PST
Because of your review I bought this product. I've usesd it for two days. Within minuted of my ifrst "dose" my face elaxes in a way it only does on sunny tropical vacations. I'm adjusted my dose based on the book PRimal Body, Pimal Mind" (mmore!!!!!).
I wanted to lest you know that I feel,for the first time in many years (perhaps ever?) "I have my life back".
Before I ate my dinner tonight I said a heart felt prayer ofgratitude for all those who are making a psitive impact on my health.
ThAnK YOU, you are one of those people.
May you always be blessed knowing that the simple of your review has helped so many people.. those who speak up and those who may not even know how you have changed the health and world of others.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 11:58:44 AM PDT
Kaitlin says:
How long does this stuff last? I want to get it but it's a bit pricey for a supplement, especially if it's only a month's supply like many are.

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 8:33:55 PM PDT
I AGREE 100%! I have also tried so many things out there! I am so excited to have finally found this product! I look forward to taking it every day because it taste really good too! I am in my 1st trimester w/ my 2nd child & I wish I had found this supplement when I was pregnant with my 1st. I feel so much better! I sleep way better. I have no anxiety. I have been handling stress unusually easy lately & I don't mean to give out TMI but I go to the bathroom with ease & don't feel so bloated all the time! I am also not as hungry as I use to be while I was nursing my son or while I was pregnant with him either. Over all I just feel so well balanced. Its AMAZING! Ive heard about how great magnesium is & how it pulls out all of these toxic metals from the body but I had no idea until now! Im recommending this stuff to everyone! Even those that are not pregnant! I want my husband to start taking it too! Im so happy I found this stuff!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›

Review Details

Item not available
Reviewer

Gregory Bravo
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Buffalo, NY United States