1.0 out of 5 stars How are these Ultimate if NO EXTENDED versions!?!, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Three-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Like many of you who purchased the first two ultimate editions at a pretty penny, i was expecting extended editions of movies 3 and 4. What a disappointment! Were the big wigs at WB thinking that their fans would triple dip editions when they bring out all films in one super ultimate collection? I already owned all of the HP on Blu, but sold them when i started buying the Ultimate editions. I will NOT be purchasing 3 and 4. Very poor on WB's part to say its ultimate, and include 8 hours of bonus materials, but not the few extra scenes that regularly show on TV. Very poor indeed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2010 4:44:55 PM PDT
Thanks for writing this. I was all set to purchase it until I saw that the extra (TV) scenes were not included. What a rip-off!

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 7:46:01 AM PDT
Thanks a lot, you saved me from making a mistake buying these fake ULTIMATE editions......i have 1 and 2 with extended editions but seriously now it seems WB is just looking to make money out of us.
They will release the extended editions with all 7 movie set..so everyone will be wasting around $150-200 for them...cant imagine how much money they will be making like that.
NOT BUYING THESE!!

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 8:02:52 AM PDT
JD says:
Thank you for this comment! Amazon is horrible about clearly spelling out just what exactly you're buying. I've been waiting to buy the truly EXTENDED editions on Bluray and thought this was it. But alas, I guess I continue to wait.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 12:18:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2010 8:13:23 PM PST
L.Marie says:
The hype for the Ultimate 1&2 was the flip dvd with an extended movie on it,while i am really looking
forward to seeing the extended versions, it was dissappointing
to see they didn't do the same 0n the rest... Bummer. I am going to hold out till the deathly hallows are released on dvd...and wait for a box set...to see
if they extend all of them. I buy the least expensive widescreen dvd's till I see how all these ploys to entice buyers, and editions play out, Ultimate,Special,Bluray Special edition, maybe they
will have A gold anniversary edition, silver, Premier..Can anyone
think of more? They have a deatheater edition for HBP,
but I cannot deny I love the HP movies, even tho they condense the the book version.
EDITED:
10/28/2010 I JUST NOTICED TODAY THAT THE SORCERER'S STONE
AND CHAMBER OF SECRETS NOW HAS A SINGLE EDITION "EXTENDED
Movie" VERSION OUT NOW.$59.95 one disc very high price......HMMM THAT IS WHY NO
extended movie ON THE 3&4 ULTIMATES...THEY WILL PROBABLY separately release THE EXTENDED movie version on them... AH Hah!!! We got it..

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 7:42:04 AM PDT
It doesn't bother me too much on this particular edition, since the deleted scenes from this movie don't make much difference in my opinion.

But supposedly number 5 has a lot of material that the director regrets cutting. If Warner doesn't do an extended version of that, something is really wrong.

The rumor is that a 3D version will replace the extended versions on 5 and 6. I personally do not want that. Now is the time to be loud with the complaining ... maybe they will change their mind.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 4:55:25 PM PDT
eileen says:
i have been waiting for the ultimate edition of Prisoner of Azkaban, too. was very disappointed that they did not release it the same way as the first two movies. I was hoping for the extended version and the digital to put in my computer. guess i will not be buying it until then. doesn't warner bros. care that they are letting the fans down? and it seems like they deceived us (too greedy). i thought all the ultimate editions would be put together the same way.

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 2:31:11 PM PDT
Alice says:
I agree, the so-called Ultimate Editions of HP 3 & 4 are no such thing if the extended versions aren't included. Fans of
The Ring Trilogy got to have the extended versions of their movies with the first CD releases. However, Warner Brothers is stingy, that only the extended versions of Philosopher's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets were released as Extented verisions. I feel so ripped off! I had planned to purchase the Ultimate Editions of Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire, but now I refuse to do so. I'll just have to Tivo the extended versions on Cable. Shame on the greedy #$%&s at W.B.!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 11:52:00 AM PST
This is not Warner's fault. They asked the directors for all of the Potter films if they would like to go back to the films and add deleted scenes back into the films. In the case of "Prison" and "Goblet," the directors declined. WB left the decision up to the directors, which is the proper thing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 1:26:50 PM PST
This was not the proper thing to do man. I can bet my life on it that they will release the extended editions but in a TOTAL ULTIMATE collection of all movies which will be cost around $200-250 later on...and they will also launch the 3d of Movie 7 part 1 before the launch of the second one in 3d so they can earn more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 8:01:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2010 8:12:17 PM PST
L.Marie says:
Kunal,
I think so too...I have thought that too..we already know they are selling
a new release of 1&2 marketing them as "extended movie version of the