1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
A Dummy No More!,
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization For Dummies (Paperback)
The SEO bible you've been looking for!
Search Engine Optimization for Dummies is the first book I've read on the SEO subject and it does not disappoint.
I recommend this book to anyone with a basic knowledge of HTML. (Ian Lloyd's book, Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way - 2nd edition, is a fantastic book for anyone new to HTML and CSS.)
From the SEO beginner's, small business owner's, and budding Web designer's perspective, the book contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization.
Peter Kent's book is well written, easy to understand, full of examples and step-by-step tutorials.
After reading Search Engine Optimization for Dummies, you will (in addition to other valuable information) know how to:
* Choose keywords, perform keyword analysis and place keywords on your pages.
* Avoid things search engines hate - such as invisible navigation systems.
* Use SEO tricks successfully.
* Create or obtain content for your Web site.
* Market locally.
* Add your site to the indexes and directories.
* Market your products through shopping directories and retailers.
* Create links search engines like.
* Improve videos from the SEO perspective.
* Figure out if you've been penalized by Google and what to do about it.
I recommend this book to anyone new to SEO. It is worth every penny.