Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Cable, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black (Personal Computers)
First of all, these were shipped quickly by Amazon, they were reasonably priced and were in good shape when recieved. I had originally hooked my sub woofer up using half of a pair of RCA cables I had laying around. That worked but I didn't like the second cable just hanging there so I purchased this single cable. This is much more heavily shielded than what I was using so I have to believe the sound is better but at my age who can really tell. The only problem was that when I first hooked up the cable it didn't work. I played around with the speaker first and still it didn't work. I disconnected it from the amplifier and then reconnected it. It was very tight on the amplifier end and I put a little more pressure on it the second time. After that it worked but I don't think it should have been that difficult. Nevertheless, now that it's installed I won't be removing it anytime soon so I'm satisfied that I'm good to go for the foreseable future.

Unfortunately, since my review, I had to return this product. Apparently it wasn't just a case of fitting correctly. Everytime I turned the amplifier around to make a change in the back this sub-woofer would stop working. I determined that the connector was bad, not just that it was a tight fit. I will have to order another one.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2011 7:22:51 AM PST
Hello from Mediabridge,

Thank you for your review. The connector we use has a distinct turbine style tip that grips the RCA style port as tightly as possible to create a secure fit and a stable audio experience. It sounds like the cable was not all the way inserted into the port initially which you did in fact fix. A three star review would typically indicate a major problem with the item but in this case, it doesn't seem as though there are any major problems. Could I ask you to please reconsider your rating so that this product and our company is not negatively affected unjustifiably?

Thanks for your understanding,
Mediabridge Customer Support
856-216-8222
info@mediabridgeproducts.com

Tue-Sat 9am to 6pm Eastern

Posted on May 30, 2012 3:04:44 PM PDT
I appreciate a company that reads it's online reviews for a product. Good work Mediabridge Customer Support. I agree that the three stars didn't seem to match what the individual wrote in the review.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 12:51:43 PM PDT
Robert Lyons says:
I wrote the original post on 12/27/11 and Mediabridge responded on 12/28/11. After their response I updated the post to explain that I had to return the cable as it was defective. Even if the cable had not been defective and it had just been a case of being too tight I would still take exception to the contention of Mediabridge that this is just the way they make cables. First of all, when I say tight I mean you almost had to push the back end of the amplifier into the components inside in order to get it to fit. Secondly, I had to connect this to the amplifier on one end and a sub woofer on the other end. I had no problem with the sub woofer connection only with the connection to the amplifier, which would suggest that one end was tighter than the other. So either the tight end was to specifications or the other end was but both could not have been. Finally, I have hooked up many systems and never had a problem with having a connection be this tight in the past. This was an unusal situation. At any rate, I don't feel compelled to change the rating I provided but if I were to do so it probably would be lower not higher.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:06:48 PM PST
Some factory is turning out sub-woofer connectors which are so tight you can break the circuit board in your sub-woofer trying to push it up on the female connector.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the connector and cable. Been there; done that and ruined my $500 SW. BTW, my cable was much more expensive than this and had a big name for cables; sortof a monster.

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 3:37:55 PM PDT
T. Shepard says:
I just ordered this product so cannot speak to the tightness issue yet but felt compelled to respond to the customer support agent. A 3 star rating in my mind means average; not terrible, not great. 1 and 2 stars would indicate a major problem. Based on this customer's experience 3 stars sounds about right. I hope I don't have to jam this thing on my equipment once it arrives; lots of positive reviews of this cable so maybe he just got a dud. It's now 4 years later so probably no one is tracking this but that comment made me want to respond anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›