4.0 out of 5 stars ASUS Transformer TF300, April 26, 2012
This review is from: ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue) 2012 Model (Personal Computers)
I just got my tablet today and I must say I'm really pleased. We also have the Prime in our household so I was able to compare both side by side.

I ran several speed tests from different locations inside and outside(30-45ft) our house. The Tf300 was superior in all aspects when it came to wifi strength, especially at further distances. Needless to say the GPS was better as well.

You can definitely notice a difference in the screen resolution, the TF300 is not as sharp on the colors. Even though it doesn't have the super ips mode its still really bright(I would say as bright as the prime) if you turn the brightness all the way up.

I haven't done any updates yet but it hasn't had any hiccups and no signs of color bleed like some other users are complaining about.

Picture quality seems about the same(even the I miss the flash)

I was originally skeptical about the plastic finish but I was surprised by its clean finish and look.

Even though I don't use the speakers much I noticed its stronger than the prime's.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2012 9:21:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 6:04:28 AM PDT
Krazydave says:
Hello, Do you own a prime slim case and if you do will it fit the TF300? Thanks.

UPDATE ---- 5/03/12
Hey Mike
Got my prime the other day, and I had to report that the MoKo(TM) Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case for Transformer Prime TF201 DOES NOT fit the new TF300 tablet. The Good news though, I have been in contact with Jim (MoKo Sales Rep) and he said:

Dave, we will have a simple one-stand case available around the end of next week. something like this

MoKo(TM) Folding Cover Case With Stand for Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet (Black)

Then in another two weeks, we will have more styles similiar to this

Moko(TM) Leather Folio Cover Case with Multi-Angle Stand for Toshiba Thrive 10.1-inch Android Tablet (BLACK)

And this

MoKo 360 Degree Rotating Detachable Case for iPad 2 & 3 HD

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:19:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2012 7:56:47 PM PDT
miket1366 says:
Ya it does, imo it fits it better than it does the prime.

* I was just made aware that the earphone jack is slightly higher on the TF300 so you may have to make some modifications to your case.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:24:55 AM PDT
hogans5 says:
Since you own both, hope you can help with a question. One of my main interest in the Transformer Prime is its ability to view outside in the sunlight. I was going to get the prime originally but when everybody was complaining about wifi signal I decided not to because I need it to use outside 40-50ft from the router. The 300t sounds like it would meet my needs but I was thinking since it does not have the super screen ips I figured I would not be able to view it outside. This leaves me thinking I will have to get the TFP Infinity. Can you tell me the viewing experience comparing the two outside. Any information would be helpful in helping me decide which transformer would be best. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 12:40:56 PM PDT
T. Medema says:
Funny, like I'm reading my own question. I'm in the exact same situation as you. After viewing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8UP4P_7Ms I'm quite convinced that we need to wait for the Infinity. The 300 nits just isn't enough for bright sunless, whereas the Super IPS screen does seem to provide a high enough brightness.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 7:48:17 PM PDT
miket1366 says:
Well if you have the money to shell out on the Infinity I recommend you wait for that. But in my honest opinion if you are looking to use these tablets out in intense sunlight, I wouldn't recommend either one of these. Yes the super ips mode is a bit brighter in sunlight but not significantly. The real difference is noticeable in med-ambient lighting.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 7:12:17 AM PDT
hogans5 says:
Thanks for the info miket! Is there a tablet that you know will do better viewing outside? The Transformer is the only one that I have been able to find that would do better outside. I am not sure about the Ipad?

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 8:39:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2012 8:41:49 PM PDT
B. Mcneil says:
Tf300 is much better that the reviews are saying. the specs are off the charts and the comparisons to the prime are unreal, If you want the ultimate transformer experience go ahead and grab the tf300

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:51:21 PM PDT
How would this product measure up to the IPAD 2? I am an ASUS netbook user and am wondering if it is time to jump over, however it will mean giving up the abilty to use my flash drive with the IPAD2. What are the pros and cons especially about running and loading aps of the two?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 9:20:18 PM PDT
miket1366 says:
I think the ipad does do better in sunlight. I hate to tell you to get an ipad bc I think they're overpriced but give credit where credit is due.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 9:23:51 PM PDT
miket1366 says:
You will severely miss the flash capabilities and the micro hdmi out if you are always on the go. The apps run very smoothly, in fact my iphone apps crash more often than my Tf300. The app market is not as large but I think Android will eventually get there, if not surpass itunes soon enough.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›