4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Nice Pictures, Wonderful 3D, Love It, June 27, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 60PZ750 60-Inch 1080p 600 Hz Active 3D THX Certified Plasma HDTV with Smart TV (Electronics)
I bought 60pz750 from Amazon after a lot of research in comparison with other leading brands. Finally I chose this one by the size, price, and functionalities. The TV arrived perfectly but the default settings made me struggled and confused. The default energy setting is using intelligent sensor which consumes less power but the screen became darker and lack of vivid pictures. Since I did not buy any professional installation, I have to figure out by myself. It is not that difficult just so confused why this new TV's quality is so bad at the beginning. After a couple days playing the setting, I realized that I can change the energy mode. When I changed it back to normal/standard, the picture came back nicely. The display quality is good; about the same as my 3 years old Samsung Plasma's HDTV. The sound is flat that I may have to find a sound bar. Some people are saying it is because of the TV becomes thinner so as the sound.

The Smart TV is kind of useless to me. LG should have built in the wireless instead of we have to buy one. In the past I used HDMI cable to connect my PC to the Samsung plasma TV. I think I may have to do that way again. It is much easier to type or navigate using a PC. The Magic Motion Remote is ok, not great. I wish LG could provide a remote control with keyboard.

I just used the standard display because it is better than any other mode. So if you are thinking you may get better display by buying this model, think twice. I would suggest people just get the PZ550 model. You don't get much benefit from the higher end model like PZ750 and PZ950.

The 3D is nice. However the programs from Direct TV are horrible. They keep on playing the same over and over. I wrote an email to complain. They replied politely saying it will be brought up to their management's attention. I got 2 pairs of free glasses from purchasing the unit. The nose piece can be lifted to sit on top of my eye glasses. I wish it can be even better since my glasses have a bar across the two lenses. When the 3D glasses sit on my glasses, it can't cover the whole glasses. It is not totally bad but still not perfect. If you wear contact, you will not have this issue. The 3D glasses turn off from time to time without reason. My guess would be the timeout issue (or function) in case no one using it. It can be either good or bad. It doesn't bother me much. I don't have experience on other brand's 3D so I can't comment too much. In general, I am satisfied with this one.

The TV's glare is a concern if you have a lot of lights coming from the outside. Unfortunately, it is my case. My old plasma TV is smaller so the glare wasn't that bad. Since this one is big, I am having so much trouble. People suggested hanging on the wall and tilting it. I have not tried that yet because my TV is good to sit at the corner. I don't watch TV much during the day so hopefully I can live with it.

I checked the power consumption from the specification that it is 570 watts. I noticed there is a lot of heat coming from the back. The label at the TV says the cost of electricity is less than $40 a year. I don't know that will be true since I don't use energy saving display mode and I watched more than 5 hours. This TV does not get 5 stars from me but it is still an excellent one and I am going to keep it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2011 5:34:32 PM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Hi. Lol, if I didn't see the stars and read to the end, I would've thought it was a negative review (but cons are really important to know). About the glare issue, have you tried the Trublack filter or whatever it's called? (if you did, how was it?) Also, can you elaborate on how the magic control is just ok? I read that you can get an app for your phone and use the keyboard from your smart phone to type (...unless I'm confusing it with another brand or model...too much research). I have Dish Network, so I need to figure out whether they have 3D channels or not. I ordered this TV the other day and I'm dying of anxiety to get it already...8 days and counting. +_+

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 10:06:18 PM PDT
Hi Alcala, this model PZ750 doesn't have Trublack feature. I hate more now for the magic control. It is so hard to use. The pointer just won't go easily as you wish. However, the remote control is even worse to control the web or anywhere needs to move the pointer. I really wish LG can provide a keyboard like remote control with a build-in mouse. The TV's processor is extremely slow. My 6 year old laptop much outperform this TV when loding up the browser. Whe i use it to view YouTube, it took really long to get it started and frequently it paused for buffering. My PC with the same connection has no trouble at all by playing the same video. By now you must have the TV already. Please let me know your experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2011 12:29:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2011 12:43:58 AM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Hi and thanks for replying. I've had the TV for about a month now and so far so good. I actually really like the magic control and have not had any trouble using it. If you have a smart phone, I would recommend downloading the LG remote app that's available. Along with volume and channel control, it also allows you to control the cursor as you would with a touch pad (you should have more control this way). The way I have my TV set up, there is no glare, so lack of Trublack filter is not an issue. I really wish the remote came with a keyboard too, and if they have no plans of making a remote that has one, at the very least I hope they'll make an app for it (it's especially annoying when it comes to passwords...privacy is out the window. Wonder if a third party seller can make one?).

I know what you mean about the internet browser, my sister's PS3 browser is much faster. However, I have no issues streaming movies, shows, and video content so I wonder why the browser is rather slow? (I rarely use the browser since I hook up my laptop, so it doesn't bother me. Which reminds me, I need to buy a new digital pen. It works great as a mouse, especially when watching videos and not much typing going on...old one broke :'-(). Reading your post again, they really should 've made the TV wireless without having to buy the adaptor (they obviously did that for profit -_-). I've watched a couple of movies in 3D and I did not experience the time out that other people have brought up (stayed on during the entire duration of each movie. Only turned off when a movie was paused).

I hope the TV will continue to work well and that they will pump out firmware updates that will help fix any issues as they arise (do you think browser can improve through an update?). I'm going to wait a while until I make a review and will probably use this if nothing much changes.

You should contact LG about the loading issues and try Googling that issue because I remember coming across some helpful advice about it (the connection between modem, router, and wireless TV adaptor. There were a couple of different solutions).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›