5.0 out of 5 stars I know what I bought. And it is good., April 15, 2011
This review is from: Sylvania SYTAB10MT 10-Inch Magni Tablet (Black) (Personal Computers)
It's not an Ipad, or a Xoom, or A Galaxy Tab, but it doesn't pretend to be. It came from China (seems to be where you go for an "almost-like-the -original" without the price). This tablet is great for the $200 I paid for it.

The box states that it is a Mobile Internet Device, and supports the following:

E-reader: Came with The Holy Bible gratis. Easy to use/flip pages. Slightly customizable, (a few typeface sizes, 4 typefaces, flip style)

Wi-Fi: No problems finding networks quickly. Took a few tries to connect and stay that way, but once it did it stayed connected at max strength to my home Network. Have held it by every side and never lost connection. YouTube and other Android compatible streaming sites are just fine, too.

Movie & Music player: Yes. But use headphones if you want good sound on either. I can't really see myself using this for music, I've got an old iPod for that. The resolution is in fact 1024x600, so videos display pretty well.

Touch screen: Probably my biggest gripe. It seems slow to respond, and sometime needs a longer or firmer touch to recognize; and sometimes just a brushed fingertip will select or scroll your page. I read with my fingers, so it's an issue for me (But that's just me and my own problem). Overall, the screen is pretty responsive, and suits my non power-user needs.

Easy link to App Store: Ugh. A pain. Although, the SlideME Marketplace does have a 'sort by' function that pretty is detailed, but I recommend only using the 'Search' function. Or the menu button in the upper right to gain access to the 'Top Rated' and other buttons. That could definitely use some work.

Again, the box states that it is a Mobile Internet Device. Don't expect the world from it, just part of it.

/thumbsup

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2011 6:51:19 PM PDT
This is an excellent feedback: very detailed. Thank you. I am doing my research and this is very, very helpful

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 3:56:36 PM PDT
Anthony says:
Good review. Have one on the way but I have found it may be a "Flytouch" II upgraded by Sylvania?

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 8:38:39 PM PDT
mrooobaa says:
Some websites said this had 256 MB of RAM, and other websites said this at 512 MB of RAM. I know Amazon said it's 256 MB,but they were wrong about the screen resolution I guess. Were they wrong about the RAM as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 9:45:41 AM PDT
Anthony says:
Wondering the same thing...the more spec's here at Amazon say's 512 mb but seen other sites saying 256...mine is coming Monday and will report back when I find out...really hope its 512.....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 3:17:00 PM PDT
mrooobaa says:
Thank you! This seems like a decent tablet, and if it has the 512 MB of RAM, I will probably buy it :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2011 4:17:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2011 4:21:09 PM PDT
Anthony says:
If it's any help...I "think" from the research I've done is that this is a Flytouch II , branded by Sylvania...that might be the reason for the spec. confusion....
Also the Flytouch III has more like these spec's, or better, and is about $10 more right now. There were also 2 version's of the FT II released...and v.2 was better.
I'll get mine tomorrow PM....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 10:11:03 AM PDT
chickie says:
waiting on confirmation of 512mb

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 3:20:44 PM PDT
Anthony says:
No. Going to write a first impressions review right now.

Posted on May 19, 2011 12:45:20 PM PDT
A reader says:
I have ordered this tablet. If someone could let me know where I could download the APPs such as Adobe flash etc from, it would be great. I know slideME is one but if there are others as well that you would recommend, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2011 6:22:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2011 6:29:19 PM PDT
EnbeUU says:
Ditto, yours. Can this be opened easily and RAM added, easily?
I have two Thinkpads and can't easily open the case to insert DDR3 modules to max the RAM, because afraid to strip the tiny screw's thereads. Wish the designers would create RAM slots that are like the slide in modules for internet wireless and USB ports.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

2.5 out of 5 stars (42 customer reviews)

Out of stock