3.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the eyes of the beholder, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM8475-26E "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Synthetic Leather Strap Watch (Watch)
This was an impulse buy. The watch looked great on the computer, so I jumped at it, especially as I have had a Citizen eco-drive for the past 4 years and am nothing but pleased. I have had the new watch for several weeks now. The contrast between the orange and black is striking and caused me to quickly hit 'Add to cart'.
Impressions - The watch seems darker than it appeared on Amazon's site. Where is the lumenesince? My watch does not seem to be so blessed and is a near disaster in the dark. At the time of purchase, I was unaware of this feature so did not use this to downgrade the product. I have had several positive comments regarding the appearance of the watch. The band...It says genuine leather, however on a leather scale of 1-10, I would give it about a 2. It is quite stiff and does not feel all that comfortable on the wrist. I plan to replace it. Regarding the day date feature...Why is it that whenever I look at it, the time always seems to be 15 minutes past the hour thus rendering this feature as fluff, with the minute hand playing the role of Mr. obstruction. It is a bit difficult to read when unobstructed so those of us older people with less then 20/20 may have a problem. I found that setting the day/date feature kind of a pain. The second detent was not particularly ergonomically designed. No matter, I don't care about that as I didn't purchase the watch for that feature. The thickness of the case is a tad too thick for my taste but Amazon did present that data up front.
Bottom line--When all is taken into consideration, it is just okay for me. I believe the watch to be priced reasonably and would not hesitate to recommend it, assuming that the downside is not an issue. Once again, it is all in the eyes of the beholder.
If anything changes, I will update this review as necessary.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2013 11:28:17 AM PST
Ted London says:
Mr. Harris is a good bottom line reviewer. Helpful to me.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:49:59 AM PST
kagy says:
Have had this watch for 6 months now, and can echo your comments almost point by point. I have one other complaint, which had I known at the time of purchase, would have been a deal breaker - the crystal is junk, and protrudes above the face just enough to make it vulnerable to dings - and I've already put a major ding in my by letting it hit sideways onto a tile counter-top, cracking the glass, consequently compromising the water resistance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2013 8:03:19 PM PDT
Thanks. The protruding crystal is a deal breaker. I was ready to make the purchase before I saw your comment. I also wonder why Amazon has a write-up about the "Orient Watch Company" and its commitment to mechanical movement when this watch has a quartz movement. Finally, the Amazon write-up indicates that the band is synthetic leather. Seems like a "smoke and mirrors" watch to me. Thanks again, Mr. Buchanan.

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 8:04:54 PM PDT
Mr Harris, your review, combined with the comments from Mr. Buchanan, prompted me to put a hold on purchasing this watch. Many thanks.

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 8:55:18 PM PST
H. M. says:
Thank you for this excellent review. No luminescence is a deal breaker for me, especially on a watch with dark tones. i've owned watches that look great during the daytime but totally suck at night. This promises to be such a watch and as such I will have to pass. Shame. Looks impressive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›