5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a Fun and Interactive Fitness Game!, December 7, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Your Shape - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Now, I used to classify myself as a fitness junkie. I would eat healthy, go to the gym on a regular basis, and even go running. However, with work, running errands and general "craziness" of life, I did lose sight of this goal a bit. However, I have to hand it to "Your Shape", a game that's really got me excited about becoming fit again!

Let's face it - becoming "too busy" to exercise happens to everyone. What I really like about "Your Shape" is that it customizes your workouts to fit them to your schedule. Some people complained that the encouragements from Jenny McCarthy were unneeded, but I actually found them kind of motivating. I don't have the extra money for a personal trainer right now, which is why I think this game really appeals to me.

I also really like the targeted exercises. Some days when I feel particularly "fat" around the middle, I can do some targeted core training that will help tone and shape my abs. If I'm looking for some relaxing Yoga on a Sunday morning, "Your Shape" can deliver this as well! Overall, I found it verstatile, customizable and pretty much exactly what I'd want out of a fitness game.

I actually read over a lot of the reviews, and saw that a lot of people were complaining that this game was "exactly like (insert fitness game here)". What I found is that Your Shape took all of the BEST features of other fitness games, tied them up in a user-friendly interface, and added a super-sensitive motion camera to boot! As a fitness game, I'd have to say that this is the most successful in appealing to time-constrained people (like me) who need extra motivation to get into shape. I highly recommend this game. :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2009 7:09:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2009 7:11:09 AM PST
Bud says:
You should probably be aware that as of December 1, FTC regulations state that you must disclose any relationship you have with Ubisoft. As someone who does contract work for Ubisoft's Frag Dolls marketing team, I believe you fall under this category.

I do not doubt the veracity of your review, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I believe this disclosure would be important, especially since it is one glowing review amid a sea of medicore ones. One only wonders how many other of the 5-star reviews are also by people compensated by Ubisoft. Perhaps all of them?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (291 customer reviews)

$29.99 $10.05