390 of 393 people found the following review helpful
Better than Apple- Can you believe it?,
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the best keyboard I have ever owned- and I've owned at least 20 different ones.
Let me run down the list of what makes this keyboard so remarkable.
1. Apple-like attention to detail. From the packaging itself, which is efficient, minimal, printed on plain recycled cardboard, and easy to open. It is easy to open and a delight.
2. This keyboard is beautiful- much better than the very nice keyboards that come with the desktop Macs.
3. The keys are the perfect size: bigger than the thin Apple Chiclet keys which I've never gotten used to as a fast touch typist (80+ wpm) and smaller than full-travel bulky cheap keyboards that come with generic desktops.
4. The keyboard itself is thin, light and beautiful. It is thinner than other wireless keyboards because it has no AAA or AA batteries inside.
5. The solar cells work great, save the environment, and allow for the elegant design.
6. The keyboard does require a USB port for the little wireless thing. One drawback is you "lose" the two USB ports on the Apple wired keyboard.
7. The easy to download App is amazing- it auto installs easily and gives you a visual on your computer screen to show how your batteries are and how many lumens your keyboard is getting.
8. The actual keyboard is EXACTLY laid out like the Mac keyboard- all the function keys work perfectly as designed.
9. Online support is fantastic- simple, clear, and answers all questions.
10. There is a dedicated solar button on the keyboard which you can press to see if you have a decent charge, and if you are getting enough sun.
11. There is absolutely no delay in typing.
12. While Apple gives you a choice: either a wireless keyboard that is truncated and missing the number pad, or a wired full keyboard, this great keyboard offers both at the same time: a full keyboard AND wireless!
This is just a wonderful, high quality product. Don't think of it as a standard Logitech product- this one is one of the best devices I've seen them produce.
Tracked by 3 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2011 9:04:27 PM PST
Is the silver like an aluminum like the apple keyboard?
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 3:38:42 AM PST
not on the keyboard I got- mine is black with a white plastic backing
Posted on Feb 2, 2012 10:24:11 PM PST
I agree thanks for your post. This is a beautiful mac like product!
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 4:05:06 AM PST
thanks for your feedback- I was pleasantly surprised as well
Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:09:46 PM PST
BUT WAIT...NO BLUETOOTH? You forgot the main reason many seek the original apple wireless keyboard, you need BLUETOOTH to use a keyboard with your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch not to mention mac computers. Yes it will work with the USB receiver but you loose a plug not to mention having the stupid USB plug sticking out of your laptop. I'll stick with the original thank you.
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:33:00 AM PST
true- this keyboard is not for using with an iPad- it's much bigger- it's a full size keyboard, clearly states that it is for use with your Mac. I'm not sure who would want to lug this full size keyboard around with their iPad-
In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 12:37:23 PM PDT
Good point. And if you're a fan of the Logitech mouse (my wife will use no other), you're out another precious port (though the receivers are too small to stick out).
In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 1:18:27 PM PDT
You are right- this is a drawback. I bought a USB hub because this pushed me over. Now I have about 5 empty ports.. :)
Posted on Jun 29, 2012 3:42:14 PM PDT
Could you get your Caps lock / Num Lock notification to work. I couldn't find anything that makes it work.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 6:26:51 PM PDT
No, now that you mention it, I can not. Strange...