5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome battery pack, December 23, 2011
This review is from: PowerGen® 5200mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger 1A output for Apple and Android Devices (Electronics)
Pretty good battery pack:

* Very well built
* Battery charge/capacity indicators are very nice looking
* I've been impressed by how on/off works: Plug-in device you'd like to charge, push the button to charge. Unplug the device to stop charging, the battery pack will power off on its own. Easy, nothing extra to worry about.
* Overall design is neat - doesn't diminish the iPhone's look when it's next to it
* The shiny plastic doesn't scratch too easy - I've been throwing it in my bag and it still looks fine
* Doubling the battery as an LED flashlight is a bonus - double-press the button to turn it on, double-press to turn it off.
* Comes with a bunch of little cable connector tips. This could be a good thing if you don't already have cables but I use my own 22cm short iPhone cable from CableJive and another supershort microUSB cable by Nokia.
* I use any random microUSB charger to charge the battery since I always have those around - not sure if that's recommended but been working fine for me.

I've used the battery pack to charge my iPhone, T-Mobile Hotspot, Kindle, friends Android phones, and good to know that I can also charge my iPad if needed. Charges the iPhone pretty quick, I can carry both in the pocket since I have the short cable.

Would definitely buy this product again over any other battery pack out there but would also consider the 2900mAh version of it. At the time I was buying, this product had the most capacity in the smallest size - awesome!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2012 2:43:50 AM PST
Thanks for your great review. I bought it as a result, and don't regret a thing. Thanks! :)

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 11:07:37 AM PST
You convinced me, too! Got one, love it, use it and am getting one for my husband. Thanks for the review!!!

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 4:59:48 PM PDT
C. Hill says:
Really helpful review! You should consider writing more of them!

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:26:17 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 9:07:27 AM PDT
It's been almost a year and I still use this battery pack about once a week or so. Let me know if any questions.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:23:17 AM PST
rhia bucklin says:
Thanks for your review! I bought this charger to use as a backup in case of a blackout. Once it's fully charged, do you think I should leave it plugged in, or should I unplug it and leave it in a drawer until I need it? How long does it stay charged if it's not being used?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:31:32 AM PST
I have two or three of these now. From my experience, once it's charged, there's no reason to have it plugged in. In a couple of situations, I've left one in a drawer for about 2-3 months and it didn't lose too much charge. It will obviously lose some charge, so I'd use it to charge a phone and recharge it every 3 months or so.

Hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 6:27:13 PM PDT
KBoswell says:
Thanks for the great review. Can you use your phone while it's charging? I'm a runner. My problem is that my gps app + music app + wireless headphones drains my battery. I need something that will charge my phone while still allowing me to use my apps. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 7:46:55 AM PDT
If you don't mind the extra weight while running(not that bad), yes you can definitely use the phone while charging. The pack will completely drain before phone's internal battery gets used. And those GPS chips definitely do use a lot power.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2013 6:21:41 AM PDT
Chris says:
Mine stayed charged four months while outside in the snow and rain.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›