1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Last, Soft battery case, Bloats after 60 Days, June 23, 2013
This review is from: [540 Days Warranty] Anker® 4400mAh Replacement Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300, I535(Verizon), T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), R530(U.S. Cellular), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet, with White Cover (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased two separate units from this outlet. Both worked out the same. Battery life seemed good, But, The soft cover on the battery tends to bloat after about 60 day of normal, long duration use.
After the first one bloated, with out any source of the cause, I figured Maybe I didn't break it in properly. Bought a second. Charged it, and then ran it down as was instructed by outlet. Charged it up and, Indeed, this one seemed to charge up more quickly than the first one did. But again, right around 60 days, the second one, Again bloated unexpectedly. The bloat is enough to cause unit malfunction. Now I am a tech. The charger used only applies at most, 1.5 amps current. The voltage is stable. There were no spikes or brown outs, as the charger is on my UPS for my computer system.
I checked the charger out after the first battery failed. Was told the battery is out of warranty. #1. #2 If the battery bloated, it was because of improper charging. Was possible I figured as the mobile charger I use does charge them faster than my home unit does. But the second unit was not used on the mobile charger just in case. So, I have to recommend Not using soft cased batteries in these phones and stick to factory style hard cases. My next order will be one as such. I Do Not recommend Hyperion Lipo's for the very same reason. But only used them in other apps, Will Not Trust One in a phone service. Now will add Anker to the do not trust list.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2013 10:39:04 PM PST
How do you tell if the extended battery is a hard case. I've had 3 of these so far bloat. Anker replaced them every time, but now just wants it back to refund my money.

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 4:41:21 PM PST
Harry Samuel says:
Does any non_OEM actually work? Not looking gppd, Hyperion has great reviews, so anythin you can tell me would be helpful. ZerpLemon reviews are all lumped together so it is hard to choose.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›