2.0 out of 5 stars Displeased, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's W.P. Waterproof Insulated Work Glove (Apparel)
I live in Minnesota.
these gloves have not kept my hands warm at all.
they retain moisture like a sponge,
and that makes it (the cold) even worse.
also, the lining is very loose,
and they are simply uncomfortable.
I would not buy theses gloves again.
Carhartt has not kept up the quality I expect from them,
even their work pants have much poorer quality than in previous years.
VERY DISSAPOINTED!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2013 5:02:36 AM PST
Thanks, from a fellow Minnesotan. Did you ever find gloves that work well here?

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 7:58:27 PM PST
SkyLee74 says:
I live in Minnesota as well and I'm looking for the perfect gloves out there to keep my husband's hands warm and dry in our harsh winters... this review helped me a lot - Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2013 7:59:19 PM PST
SkyLee74 says:
Looks like you and I are on the same mission. Good luck Ken!

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:48:34 PM PST
Cael says:
I am in Maine. Looking for a pair to keep my hands warm for ice fishing as well as snow-blowing, snowmobiling, or even general use. It's very difficult out here and I've never found anything that works well.

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 12:19:16 PM PST
If you want warm hands, I'd recommend moving.

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 5:56:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2014 5:57:18 PM PST
Sorry for the late reply.
Im 6'4.
I have larger hands than most folks. The Missus and I found a really nice Pair at JC Pennys.
(there is no logo on the gloves, sorry!)
I have stopped buying any Carhartt products now, I get Riggs for pants, Lakin McKey jackets.
both are sold here on Amazon, and I am really happy with them.
Good luck with the gloves, Try JC Penny!!!

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 11:39:32 AM PST
Julie Grace says:
I also live in Minnesota and have been on the quest for warm, waterproof gloves for doing barn chores, hauling firewood and working outside in general. I have come to the conclusion, after reading hundreds of reviews all over the internet, that such a glove does not exist. I can't believe that no manufacturer can get this right.

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 8:19:55 AM PST
C. DeGhoul says:
Looks like the quest to keep my hands warm and drive while helping with traffic details will continue. (You think it's tough for men to find good gloves? Try being a woman trying to find durable, usable gloves suitable for work in inclement conditions.) I've even tried buying gloves made for police that were supposed to be "waterproof." They were as waterproof as a sponge! At this point, I'm tempted to try to find my old neoprene dive gloves or try rubbing melted wax into the fabric of some winter gloves. Thank you for your review and I also thank the commenters who helped me understand that I am not alone in my quest and am not the only one who has not had success in finding the elusive waterproof glove.

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 9:02:21 AM PST
Dr. Jass says:
I have noticed the decline in Carhartt products over the last 15 years as well, and I see a lot of other complaining about the same problem. At this point, they're cashing in on their well-established name but not living up to it.

For winter work gloves, I had very good luck with Mechanix winter gloves, with the caveat: they are work gloves. They're not for skiing or snowmobiling or long, brisk walks with your sweetheart under the winter moon. I would even say they're just above marginal for shovelling or snowblowing, since your hands themselves are not moving. They are also very susceptible to damage from high heat (such as building or stoking a bonfire). If your hands and fingers are going to be moving, they work well.
If you're simply going to be gripping something like snowblower controls or a shovel, directing ttraffic as one commenter noted, or spending leisure time outdoors, I highly recommend looking into Choko gloves, in particular their snowmobile offerings. I have not found them on Amazon; in fact they're not all that easy to find online but they're worth the effort. They're very warm, dry, and durable. Best gloves I've owned to date, and as a formerly-avid skier I've tried about everything.

Oh, and thank you for the suggest Carhartt alternatives, Mr. Kittelson!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2014 6:58:14 PM PST
sorry for the Late reply.
I have not found anything great to share.
If I do, I will post the brand here!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›