5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX L810 16.1 MP Digital Camera with 26x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and 3-inch LCD (Black) (Electronics)
True story: Had my heart set on the Nikon D3100, but I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. Rewind to my son's 8th grade graduation in May. I didn't have a camera at the time so I was using my cell phone which ran out of batteries by the time the graduation procession started. I was devastated. FORTUNATELY a good friend whose son was also graduating was sitting right behind me and she had a gorgeous professional looking camera. She offered to take pics of our son for me. When she emailed them to me the next day, her pictures were amazing! The zoom, picture color and clarity was so unbelievable! I HAD to know what the name of her camera was. She said a "Nikon Coolpix L810". I quickly looked it up online and found it cheapest on Amazon. I ordered it on a Friday and got it on Monday! I'm in LOVE with this camera. I've been practicing taking photos with it outside my work during breaks and the pictures are just beautiful, the zoom is AMAZING. Now, it's definitely not a quick point and shoot camera. You should ABSOLUTELY read the focus instructions VERY carefully before you use this otherwise your pictures come out blurry. BUT that's not a camera issue, it's a "you're not focusing the camera correctly" issue. Lol. You need to press the button down only halfway to allow the camera to focus first, once the focus light turns green, THEN press it all the way down. Tricky at first but gets easy after about 5 pics. So take your time practicing with the focus and getting to know all its shooting modes and features before you try to use it for special occasions like graduations, weddings, vacations...etc. After you get used to it, you will be in love with it. The price for the quality of this camera is outstanding. Love the size of it too. Big enough to be taken seriously, but small enough to fit in a purse or bag for travel. Not heavy, but just enough weight to it to give that quality feel. It's perfect!

Comes with: Strap, four AA batteries, USB cable, audio video cable, lens cap and software CD-ROM. Didn't come with a carrying case but no biggie, found one on ebay for about $6 w/free shipping (Ebay item #380422196943)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2012 8:54:35 PM PDT
What's included in the box? Does is come with batteries or a cord to hook up to your computer? Or is it just the camera?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:09:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2012 9:13:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:12:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 9:14:12 PM PDT
Mocoko says:
It came with strap, four AA batteries, USB cable, audio video cable, lens cap and software CD-ROM. Didn't come with a carrying case but no biggie, found one on ebay that fits perfectly for $7 (free shipping). I can send you the ebay case link if you want. Just let me know. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 9:48:23 AM PDT
Okk. Thank you. My sister has a carrying case she's not using that I think will fit so I'l try that before I look for one, but thanks anyway. Yea one of my concerns about buying this was that it wouldn't come with a lens cap because there was a comment from another customer saying she loved it but it didn't come it one so I was worried about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:11:57 AM PDT
Mocoko says:
It's packed so good that it's almost hidden inside the box, plus it's very light and slim so I can see how someone can miss it. I almost did too. Just take everything out one by one and you'll spot it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:18:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 10:24:04 AM PDT
Mocoko says:
Here's the case I bought for it, just FYI. :) It fits perfectly. Had a strong "new" smell to it but aired it out a few days and it's fine now. Ebay item #380422196943

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:05:13 AM PDT
Okk. Thank you so much for your help :)

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 7:36:21 AM PDT
Katy Didd says:
Thanks for letting us know what accessories the camera comes with! Well-written review

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:24:18 AM PST
Jesus D. says:
This profucto NOT FULFILLED WITH EXPECTATIONS WAS ALL A SCAM, opening the package, the first thing you notice is that the box was not new, has aboyadura, frdgadtr, to get the camera observe the display NO had the protective plastic, noise that made me, then install the batteries and the camera what lit ...
the camera was ordered from Venezuela ... what kind of insults, you like to read?
Sr. Jesus Suarez, jdanielsg@hotmail.com

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 4:50:47 PM PDT
Becky says:
this was helpful thank you i will probably but this now thanks.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›