58 of 66 people found the following review helpful
Good game - try downloading this way,
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto IV [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I've personally had a lot of fun with this game. If you enjoy the GTA series, graphically it does not get any better than this on the PC. Unfortunately, I've read quite a few reviews here on Amazon that said the download experience was a bit of a pain. If you'd like to download it directly from Steam after purchasing from Amazon, try this:
1. When you first purchase the game on Amazon, if it prompts you to download it, decline. All you will need from Amazon is the Product Code generated when you purchase the game.
2. I already had an existing Steam account, so if you don't, create one first and download the client software from their site. You will need a Steam account regardless of how you choose to install this product.
3. Go to the "Your Games and Software Library" page of the "My Account" section in your Amazon account.
4. Copy the "Product Code" listed under your game.
5. Open up Steam, and click "Add a Game".
6. Choose "Activate a Product on Steam".
7. You will need to click though a couple of prompts, then will be asked for the Product Code. Paste the code your copied from Amazon in step 4.
8. This game will then be added to your Steam Library, and you can download and play the game.
I've done this for quite a few games over the years and have had no problems whatsoever. Enjoy the game!
Tracked by 3 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2013 4:29:24 PM PDT
Thanks for your help!!!
Posted on Sep 28, 2013 12:36:10 PM PDT
Christopher Skyi says:
Helpful except for one tiny detail -- that the heck is a stream account, where do you get "it" and how do you set "it" up?
Posted on Nov 10, 2013 3:55:55 AM PST
Does this method work on Windows 7?
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2013 7:00:57 PM PST
Krishna Bhat says:
Google is your friend. store.steampowered.com
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 4:14:54 PM PST
B. Wood says:
This should help: http://bit.ly/vWLapf
‹ Previous 1 Next ›