Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING customer service. This review will STUN you!, June 14, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid 4-1/2-Quart Ultra Power Stand Mixer, Empire Red (Kitchen)
Going to keep this short and sweet. My wife was gifted this item eight years ago and has used it heavily. Last weekend the off switch broke. You had to unplug it to turn it off. My wife called KitchenAid to find out where the nearest place we could take it to be repaired. She LOVES her mixer and was devastated it had broken.
The nearest place fro repair? About 400 miles away. The operator and my wife spoke a bit more about the problem, then the operator put her on hold for about fifteen minutes. When she came back she said "We're going to claim this as a manufacturer defect and replace it for you for free."
Can you darned believe that? Seriously, can you believe it? After eight years? THAT is what customer service and product support is all about people! My wife was almost in tears she was so impressed. You just don't find service like this anymore. Thank you KitchenAid, you have earned our loyalty.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2013 11:10:03 AM PST
Trey Smith says:
WOW, what a great story!!! I will definitely go with this mixer after reading your review. I wish more companies were like this!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2013 3:02:28 PM PDT
I wasn't "stunned", however, I'm not sure if the warm feeling I'm experiencing is from your customer service story or the glass of wine I'm enjoying. Perhaps both.

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 10:03:55 AM PST
Shirley says:
Mine is the same way. I never thought of calling anyone because its been longer than 8 years.
I think I will now. That is really great customer service.
Shirl

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 7:43:05 PM PDT
FaylinaMeir says:
Not to be a debbie downer here but I bought a kitchenaid mixer which the motor completely stripped out 13 months later, like oil/grease coming out of it and almost caught on fire. They basically told me I was out of luck. This really angered me since all I ever did was knead bread, cookies, and occasionally use the sausage attachment that you can buy for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2014 7:56:44 PM PDT
That is a bit shocking, especially from KitchenAid. They could make their mixers for half the price if they were made in China. Perhaps they need to be reminded of this? Every great chef I know of, from Emeril to Rick Bayless adore the KitchenAid mixer. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 7:27:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2014 7:28:57 PM PDT
N.. Martin says:
KitchenAid products often land near the bottom of Consumer Reports reader reliability reports. I've had my own tribulations with their products. My theory is that are generous with service to make up for less than stellar quality. I had a KA dishwasher that broke several times. Long out of warranty they sent a repair person from three hours away to fix it. Nice, but I prefer reliability.

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 3:21:22 PM PST
Tori C. says:
I got mine LAST Christmas (2014) and haven't used it yet. I was/am afraid it will burn out with having 300 watts, but I don't know. I want to make only bread, cookies, cakes and mostly desserts..So we will see..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›