5.0 out of 5 stars THRILLED with this purchase!, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Hoover Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Cleaner, F7412900 (Kitchen)
Ten months ago we bought $7000 of new light-colored carpeting. Two months ago we got two new puppies and one new shelter dog (none of which were housebroken), in addition to our other three dogs (one of which is a senior citizen and becoming incontinent). We live in an area with coyotes and mountain lions and we cannot leave our dogs out at night.

Needless to say, our new carpet took a huge, devastating hit while we all adjusted to our new life together. On top of all that, we live in a rural mountain community and the amount of dust and dirt and mud that blows in and/or gets tracked in is astounding, no matter how careful we try to be. I thought a few rooms of carpeting might not be salvageable.

So my Mom's Day gift to myself was the Hoover F7412-900 SteamVac Dual V Widepath Carpet Cleaner with the Hoover Pet Formula Detergent. O.M.G. My carpet looks and smells absolutely brand new. Stains and odors that I thought might be in the carpet permanently all came out. I'm really shocked. I didn't expect such a great result.

I love the light clean smell of the Pet Formula... it's not overpowering by any means (and I used a lot). The Hoover SteamVac and the Hoover Pet Formula detergent saved our carpet.

As far as the SteamVac itself, I find it super easy to refill the clean water tank and empty the dirty water tank. It's a heavy machine, so I'm glad they didn't make the tanks any larger, as it would have been way too heavy for me to handle. The way it is now, it's perfect... I plan to use it frequently for carpet maintenance.

I know I sound like a cheesy infomercial for Hoover now, but I can't help it. My husband and I are beyond thrilled!

*Several months later... I just posted before/after photos of our dining room (one of the main thoroughfares in our house). I'm a bit ashamed -- it's like announcing to the public what size underwear I buy or publishing pictures of myself without makeup first thing in the morning. I mean, my carpet was THAT bad... but hey, we're all friends, right? I want you to see the nasty carpet I had and how beautifully restored it was after using the Hoover. Just remember this: push the Hoover slowly back and forth across your carpet. Don't rush a good thing. You'll get fabulous results that way.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2011 8:55:16 AM PST
I'm sold on your feedback. I am now purchasing this vacuum

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 8:26:55 AM PST
Thanks for being so "transparent" about your dirty carpet issues (that I bet are no worse than anybody else's!) Ha. It was kind of you to be so forthcoming in order to help us get great results, too. Me, my husband -- who is tired of hearing about the pet stains on the 100-year old persian carpet -- our three dogs and two cats all thank you.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 10:51:37 AM PDT
P. Lyons says:
Ha, you sold me on it too!!!! Thanks for your great review!

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 5:20:51 AM PDT
GetBeethoven says:
Thanks for this great review. But...mountain lions??? Wow, REALLY??? Here in Boston, MA, those are just fairytales. And like Katherine says, it's all good. We live with two big dogs and what with my little touch of ocd, it would be really hard for me without these cool gadgets.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 10:38:47 AM PDT
hjt777 says:
Just got 2 puppies last week which brought me to this page. Our home looked like a model home for years. Now my puupies have turned our 3 1/2 bath home into a 22 bath home. only clean area are the newspapers. Thansk for the tip.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 9:15:04 AM PDT
Brad says:
I just bought one after reading your "infommercial".

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 2:20:36 PM PDT
21.Plus says:
My daughter livers in the desert, a little over 50% south of Tucson to Mexican border. Her dogs had pups, rescued cat had kittens, MAYHEM of odors. Bissels pet products STINK. Extremely low on suction, carpet full of stains. The one that sits on the stain does zip also. HOOVER is all I would ever consider. You are responsible for ME buying one of these for my daughter, as well as my Pastor (always taking in strays), and myself (my dog is trained but cannot resist carpets). LOVE YOU FOR SUCH A THOROUGH REVIEW. You should submit this review to Hoover for commercials!

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 7:15:39 AM PST
Okay... I'm sold! Hope you get a commission!"

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:03:08 AM PST
L. Grayson says:
I think I am sold, but no one mentions cleaning furniture. New carpet and furniture in the living room a year ago, with two dogs it really is time to clean all. Are there attachements? What kind of job does it do on the furniture?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 2:59:26 PM PST
Rob T says:
I am thrilled as well, cleaned the carpets great, and they look fresh and clean for holidays. Cleaned the white sofa too, came out clean and brite. However, the hand-held furniture attachment squirts out water and doesn't stop. Just tried this attachment today and will be calling cust svc. I thi nk there is a part missing in the spray nozzle.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›