4.0 out of 5 stars A Princess, A werewolf, and a vampire., January 19, 2012
This review is from: Princess Resurrection Complete Collection (DVD)
I actually wrote a review for the Japanese version of this as well, so I am simply posting it on the DUB version as well.

First off let me start this off by saying I have not read any of the manga for this series so I can't compare the two at all. All i can tell you is about the anime itself.

Well without any serious spoilers, (everything I am about to say happens in episode one.) We meet a boy named Hiro who seems like you're every day guy until he suddenly dies from being impaled by a steel beam. Oh did I mention he pushed the princess of the series out of the way, yeah that's important. Anyway Hiro saves her life by pushing her out of the way and he dies. The Princess (Hime) Brings him back to life as her royal servant with an ability known as the flame of life. This grants Hiro immortality as long as Hime is around, which binds the two together, master and servant.

From there each episode is more or less a stand alone, some sort of creature or monster is after Hime for the power she has and through all this we have to see Hiro and his friends do the best job they can to protect her. There is a major plot spread out throughout the series but it doesn't really go into major detail in it until the last few episodes which I found a little disappointing.

Throughout the story you're going to meet a cast of wonderful characters each with their own unique personality. All the way from a werewolf to a vampire it's very fun and entertaining to watch these characters interact with each other, the dialogue is fantastic and so is the development of the characters. In many of the shows I watch I don't really care what always happens to the characters, I am more along for the plot, but in this series I truly found myself caring what happened to them.

It's a great series to get into and I don't think you will be disappointed. The only issue I had with it, which I mentioned above, is the lack of serious moving plot until the very end, other than that the series is great.

If you are a fan of demons, werewolf, vampires, and just the underworld in general, don't let this one slip by.

On a side note the way it became packaged I did not care for. I don't like how the four DVDS are stacked on top of each other. I simply transferred the DVD's into another case where they would not all be stacked on top of each other. I would recommend doing that for anyone else who does like the way it's packaged. On top of that you can always just takes them out and put them in sleeves.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]